AlisonSolicitor
AlisonSolicitor,
Experience:  Expert
117702753

I just would like to know how to get a confirmation letter

Hi I just would like to know how to get a confirmation letter from the work with that they can prove that I earn more then 18600. But my hours are not fixed and each months salary is changing
JA: Are you hourly or salaried? How many hours do you work each week?
Customer: I am hourly and each week I do approx 42h But is not fixed hours
JA: Where are you located? Wage-and-hour laws vary by location.
Customer: London, Waterloo
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I just want to know how to lay out the letter to confirm that I earn more than 18600 a year of my salary is changing a bit each month
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Please help
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I started to work full time from February 2022 and I am applying for a spouse visa which requires 18600 as an annual income
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
But because my shifts are not fixed and there is no fixed salary a month I don't know how to make a letter and calculations
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
But I can be ensure that is more then 1550 a year before tax
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Sorry a months *

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialise in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately I will respond when I return.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I think that's all
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Please chat only
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
My hour pay 10.40 and I am working around 40-42h a week

I can see the platform has offered you a call. If you do not need one we can continue to discuss here on the chat. If you change your mind and want a call feel free to request and we can arrange for one for you.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No

Thank you for this information. Allow me to review everything.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.

Do you have children?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No I don't

Thank you for that clarification.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I just don't know how to write a letter for My manager to sign
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Because of how we don't have fixed hours and it is impossible to write the exact amount for an annual salary

Did your manager say to you that you have to make the letter yourself? Customarily, the employers should be the ones who would draft a letter because the letter should also contain their letterhead.

For proof of income, your income tax or payslips would suffice to prove your income even if you don't have a regular shift.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
they asked to find out how to write a annual income if I don't have fixed hours
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
let's say if it's usually between 1600-1700 how to make a calculation for a year income?

if thats the case then assuming that you earn 16000 a month, then you just have to multiply it to 12 months. That is your annual income.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Do you want me to send you my salary of each months during last 6 months?

The employer should have the records on your income tax as it is a requirement by the government.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
But still how we have to write a letter if its changing every month and I started to work from February as a full time

They should have a record of how much they are paying you. Did you request a tax return document form the HMRC? That document will show a breakdown of your taxes as well as your earnings.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I have that on my payslip
For the letter, you may want to check this link https://www.jotform.com/pdf-templates/income-verification-letter-template.

They should just state in the letter your salary range as you were not a full time worker until February. Anyways, your payslip is the most important document that will prove your income. The letter is just to support that you are currently employed and you have a substantial income.

Is there anything else I can help with today?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Will it still work ?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I mean I started to earn more than 1550 each year from February till today
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
make a visa application for a spouse visa? Even though I wasn't working a full year
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I mean if I was working only from February till today and still will work with them as a full time but I have only 6m payslips to show ( and each months salary is changes )
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
It still will be enough to show them as a prove of income ?

Yes, as long as you provide proof of income that would suffice.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I mean even if I have only any only 6 months payslips?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Can the manager write the average is 20400?

He can indicate the range or the average, so long as the payslip is presented as proof of income.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
If my income is between 1602.38 to 1820.52

He can indicate that in the letter and then you can attach the copy of your payslip as a proof to your application.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Can he say that the average of monthly income is 1711.45 which gives a 20 537.40 a year ?

So long as the payslip can support that average

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
they are all in between on 1602 to 1820

Then it would suffice.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
That's okay, thank you very much

No problem. Thank you for your enquiry today, please do not hesitate to contact us in future if you have further enquiries.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Sorry to texting you again, you are sure that if I have only 6 months payslip and the letter that says the average of my salary everything will be correct and the visa not going to be rejected?

You only need to provide proof of income. The visa is still subject to the discretion of the immigration officer whether the documents you sent are sufficient. They will not reject it outright. They will send a letter to you explaining the deficiency of your application and from there you can follow their instructions. But I highly suggest you consult with a local solicitor. Would you like me to provide details on how to locate one close to your home address?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I mean that proof will be sufficient?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
With the average of income ?

As far as I am concerned, it is sufficient. But you still have to provide other tax documents in which you have to secure with the HMRC

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
How can I contact to them? To get the documents

You can go to this website to get started, follow the instructions in logging in: https://www.gov.uk/log-in-register-hmrc-online-services

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. Please remember we are always here and happy to help. Please do let me know if you have any further questions you would like answered.