Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

Firstly, is there a cost for a response to my question?

JA: The answer cost depends on the issue and time to respond. You'll see the exact amount on the next page and can decide then. It's way less expensive and more convenient than any face-to-face visit. Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Gloucestershire
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Fruitless discussions with the Parish Council,
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I am sure they can help but l want to know the approx. cost

How can I help?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
My garden backs onto Parish Council allotments. I would like to put a gate through my rear wall to access the allotments. The other 2 neighbouring properties have enjoyed such access for many years. The Parish Council has refused my request with concerns, I think, over easement. It seems very petty to me but are they within their rights to do so?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I don't want a call thank you. and l don't want to spend £44 when l think l already know the answer.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I'm signing off now. Thank you.

I am afraid they are within their rights to do so yes. In essence, it may be the neighbours already established access over their land through long use but that does not mean the council has to allow you to establish such rights. I trust this assists

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Perfect, thank you!

Happy to help take care