james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

My husband was arrested for possession of indecent images of

Hi, my husband was arrested for possession of indecent images of children and I needed some answers please
JA: What are the child pornography charges? Do you have any upcoming court dates?
Customer: None
JA: Where are you located? Child pornography laws can vary by location.
Customer: London
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: He is out on bail
Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and  I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hi James, thank you for your help
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
My husband has admitted to me that he's watched videos of category a b and c from kids as young as five. He is a first time offender, what should I expect to happen next? We have a young baby together
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Why should I do for the best interest of my son in regards ***** ***** services and the law?
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Lastly, Hes threatened to ask for 50/50 joint custody if I divorce him and leave. Could he get that?
For now, his bail condition is that he's not allowed unsupervised contact with minors

Thank you for that additional information, that will be helpfull in allowing me to advise you today.

If convicted his wish for 50/50 custody is more of a pipe dream.

He will be a convicted  paedophile sex offender.

Social services are likely to get involved and likely to oppose him having contact.

He will be on the sex offender register and certainly not going to get custody of the child, the only custody he will receive is the prison type for a number of years

Class A images / videos are the most serious.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thank you so much for your reply. I was told it was extremely unlikely he would get time in prison but could potentially get a suspended sentence. Would that be the case even for category A?
Also, his bail was supposed to end on the 31st of May but we have had no update since, we haven't even been told whether or not he was still on bail. What does that mean?
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
what kind of contact is he likely to get with the baby?

There are offences of possession, downloading the images also distribution if up up loaded any or passed any on.

The sentencing would depend on the total number of images / videos found and the categories of each but Cat A are the worst toys of offence images.

Sorry to say custody is very likely.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Noted, thank you again for your time and your help

Due to nature of offence he is still likely on bail. He would need to contact the police to find out.

Ultimately child contact will be set by the courts and social services.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** lot clearer now. Really appreciate your help

Your welcome.

Can I assist or clarify anything further?

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.