How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MatthewM1117 Your Own Question
MatthewM1117, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1495
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
MatthewM1117 is online now

I retired last year (30th June 2021 was last day at work), I

This answer was rated:

Hi, I retired last year (30th June 2021 was last day at work), I have been trying for some months to get a retirement set up that I am Owed. A company based in London - IMS (Intercontinental Statistics Limited) who I works for from 1987 to 1997. I have received numerous paperwork over the years but they seem really slow to pay up. I forst contatcted then ~ October last year requesting first payment in May 2022. They said I needed to call closer to the date - so I contacted them again in March, before the new financial year. And about 6 contactc since then, all initiated by me. No response till last time someone stated that 'there have been chenges to the system and need to re-calculate' . That was about 4 weeks ago.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am UK - England
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None Other than ringing and e-mailing. I have one e-mail reply from them which is the only proof.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: The pension company is IQVIA and total fund at 5th April 2021 was 64,900.38.
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Just need to know logical/legal next step.

Good morning, thank you for contacting Just Answer my name is***** am a practising solicitor with several years experience and I will be assisting you today. Please note that this is a Q and A platform and no lawyer client relationship is created. I am sorry to hear about your circumstances, have you raised a formal complaint to the company?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thankyou, no I have not raised a formal complaint. Do I do this in writing or is e-mail OK?

Yes it is best to raise a formal complaint in writing via an email, as if you need to escalate the matter you may need to provide written evidence.

Once you have written a formal complaint and received an outcome if you are still unhappy with the response you can then escalate to the Pension Ombudsman. You can contact the Pension Ombudsman using the following link:

This is a free impartial service and the Pension Ombudsman will review your matter and then provide an outcome, the Pension Ombudsman can make awards of compensation where they see fit.

MatthewM1117 and 4 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thanks Matthew, I will procede with e-mail complaint and follow up with Ombudsman as you suggest.Best regards :)

Glad to be off assistance, we wish you all the best going forwards.