GabrielP428
GabrielP428, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert
112518128

Do you do legal aid? I am located in York, and it’s about

Do you do legal aid?
JA: What are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am located in York, and it’s about property
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes, I am due at county Court next Thursday
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have been served with an injunction without my notice, I have had problems with Home Group for the last 10 months, work needed doing to my flat and things were going wrong and then needed redoing, I have been sleeping on the settee for 7 of those months due to leaks, mould and no lighting, I’m afraid I have been very abusive to Home Group on the phone and I had a severe mental health breakdown when I threatened them at Home Group, I had tried to kill myself as a result of all the stress they have put me under.

Hi, my name is***** am a solicitor in England and Wales with 9 years of experience and have worked in the legal sector since 2008.

This service is not instant, so please note that I cannot always reply immediately due to other work commitments. I look forward to helping you with your legal problem.

If you would like a call to discuss this further, please let me know

A call is a premium service that includes an extra charge.

Hi, I am sorry to hear about this.

What are they asking you to stop doing?

Are they looking to evict you?

Is there an injunction hearing?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
There is am injunction date 12 of August at 230pm

Do you want me to call you?

IN THE YORK COUNTY COURT

CLAIM No: …….

BETWEEN: Home Group Claimant

-and-

(Your name)Defendant _________

DEFENCE TO THE INJUNCTION DATED XXXXXXX _________

1. I deny all the claims made against me by the claimant 
  2. The property at the address of XXXX-XXXX is unsuitable for human habitation and has been unsuitable for over a year 
  3. The property is unsuitable for the following reasons: -Leak in the bedroom -Damp -Broken Boiler -Carpet (you can elaborate here) 
  4. I spent over £2000 cleaning my carpet and dry cleaning my clothes. (you can give more details) 
  5. The claimant has failed his obligation to ensure the property is in good repair under Sections 11 to 16 of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1985 and the Homes (Fitness for Human Habitation) Act 2018.
  6. The house is not healthy, safe and fit for human habitation and can cause serious harm.
  7. The claimant refuses my reasonable request to repair the issue on the property. 

I believe that the facts stated in this defence are true.

Signed...........

Dated............

You can add more paragraphs.

Make sure to arrive at court early and request a duty solicitor.

Take all the documents with you. If you have any pictures of the dampness and leaks, print them and take them to the hearing.

Thank you so much for using Just Answer. If you have further questions, please feel free to ask them in this thread.

If you have other questions, you can open a new thread and mark it for my attention (GabrielP428) or choose me in the subject heading as your preferred expert from your membership page.