How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MARTINT330 Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2062
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
MARTINT330 is online now

I started working for a job on Monday and I quit on Thursday

This answer was rated:

Hi there I started working for a job on Monday and I quit on Thursday after my shift because the manager was really fowl. He's refused to pay me for the 4 long shifts I worked for him
JA: Have you filed a claim for unpaid wages?
Customer: No how would it be done
JA: The Employment Lawyer will be able to walk you through that. Where are you located? Unpaid wage laws vary by location.
Customer: Falkirk
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don't think so

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialise in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately I will respond when I return.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
No I think that's it

In this situation, the best thing you can do initially is talk to your employer to find out why they're refusing to pay your salary. If you have a payslip, you should check it first. You can then see how your pay was calculated.

If you are having issues with your pay, I would suggest having a casual conversation with your employer. If your company has a payroll or human resources department, you might also try speaking with them. It might be beneficial if you requested them to clarify anything on your payslip or why you haven't received a payment that you don't understand. If you have a dispute, be sure to state your position.

However, if you cannot agree, you can raise a formal grievance. You need to check if your employer has a formal grievance procedure you can use. In this case, if your grievance doesn’t get the desired result, you can take your employer to a tribunal. You'll have to notify Acas first.

I'm not able to take calls at the moment, but the request is open to other Experts to help you. I am however available and happy to continue chatting on the platform.

You may consider claiming a constructive dismissal to the employment tribunal since I note that you already quit your job due to your manager's behaviour.

MARTINT330 and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you

You can make a claim online here:

Is there anything else I can help with today?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Yeah he just decided to refuse payment and will not respond to contact. I was not yet given any contract and my details were never taken from the company

Also, one of my colleagues has accepted your call request and will arrange to call you shortly.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I'm not gonna take a call as its to expensive

No problem, I will refer this to customer care for you and they will take care of this. Is there anything else I can help with this morning before doing so?