TheLawLDN
TheLawLDN, Lawyer
Experience:  Expert
116381621

I don't speak English well, so I will try to help myself as

hi
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I don't speak English well, so I will try to help myself as an online translator
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I have a conflict with the insurance company on the phone
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I discussed with them, but they closed when I asked for their evidence
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I insured a phone last year in December, I sent the phone invoice and the IMEI, they were approved, but now when I want to complain that I lost the phone, another phone appears in his policy, because they said that my phone is not can be insured with them.

Hello, I'm an adviser with JA and I will try to help you.

Please note the following:

1. Do not provide personal information/data here. Please note that, under UK General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) ‘personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural ­person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
  2. If you request a call, this can be either with me or with another expert that is available to pick your request.
  3. This service is intended for general information only, not advice, and does not include the examination of documents.
  4. JA does not provide legal representation and no client/lawyer relationship of any kind will be established.
  5. If you need (urgent) legal representation or advice, or answering your question requires the examination of documents and/or non-straightforward activity that falls outside the remit of this service, you should consider consulting a solicitor – and/or a barrister as the case may be – which you can look for at the following links:

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

https://www.barcouncil.org.uk/find-a-barrister.html

Hello.

You should please clarify your circumstances.

Can you clarify how and where did you register your phone for the purpose of this policy?

Hello.

I do not want to put pressure, but we aim to deal with questions as quickly as possible and I cannot leave a question open for too long.

I would appreciate it if you could provide the clarifications requested.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
BARCLAYS INSURANCE
I submitted in December the documents proving the sale of the phone and the name of the phone and the IMEI of the phone, they have now changed the name of the phone because they said that they cannot make a claim for that phone model, that they cannot pay or send another phone of that model.

I am sure you understand that it's impossible for me to say if they are right in doing so as I do not know what kind of phone could be insured and what kind of phone could not.

You should be more specific.

Could you please clarify if you are a UK resident and what is the exact name of the insurance cover that you bought?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
File attached (PT1V4ML)
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
the conversation with the insurance people.
I asked to speak with a manager, but it was not possible.

Can you provide me the name of the website of the insurance company?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
https://hits-ext-emea.likewize.com/onlineportal/barclays/login?redirectTo=mma%2Fclaimlist
Customer: replied 8 days ago.

I do not think so.

Look at the screenshot I am attaching here.

The website at the link you provided is operated by an allegedly US corporation.

There is Barclays logo on the home page, but Barclays seems to have nothing to do with this website.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
File attached (27G2T74)

How did you find this insurance?

Also, you say that you paid twice £99.

When and how did you pay?

Your screenshot are not from a Barclays website.

They are from a Likewize website.

Can you clarify how did you find this insurance?

Also, you say that you paid twice £99.

When and how did you pay?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I opened claims yesterday, and today when I saw that they want to send me another phone model, I talked to them and they said that they don't do insurance for my phone and they closed the claim I made. and I did another one today and had to pay 99 again to be able to talk to them. I also have an email address where I can write to them.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I have been with Barclays for 10 years and since then I have been paying 15 pounds per month for insurance

Exactly for that reason the payments of £99 do not add up.

Did you pay by card?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.

Dates of payment?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
those from Barclays are now associated with them.

Dates of payments?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
File attached (TM61P77)

Is that a bank transfer or the statement of a payment by card?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
statement of a payment by card
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
File attached (QMZ154M)

As you were not provided the service, you can raise a chargeback claim to have the transaction reversed to your account.

As for the insurance, I'm afraid that the only thing you could do is try to submit a complaint.

But, as I said, I', not certain that you have chatted with a genuine entity.

Please be aware that this chat is available on the internet, so you may wish to ask the Customer Service to remove the personal information.

I hope this information is helpful and I wish you the best.

Please do not hesitate to contact JA again if you need help and you may ask to speak with me directly if you wish ("For TheLawLDN only").

I would appreciate it if you could provide a positive rating, if you wish so of course.

Thank you very much.

Regards.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
where can I file a complaint
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
good

You should find the information about filing a complaint in the Terms and Conditions of the contract.

You may then escalate it to the Financial Ombudsman.