Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

Is the company Hidenda Tax a legitimate service or is it a

Is the company Hidenda Tax a legitimate service or is it a scam. We have not signed the contract they are saying we have and we have not received correspondence from them until yesterday yet they are saying they have sent out papers. They want us to complete forms for a marriage allowance refund.
Hello, I’m Ben, a solicitor, and it’s my pleasure to assist you. I may ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

I understand you are wanting to check the legitimacy of this company. Do they have a website?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Www.hidendatax.com/wp8hcye
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
No I am not paying for a phone call, we are only pensioners and unable to use this money. We have done nothing wrong and we feel we are being scammed.

Hi there. Phone calls are an additional premium service, which is entirely optional and it seems as though you chose to have one. You do not need to choose to request a phone call as I am still here to deal with your original query in writing over this chat.

I am an independent user on this site, in the same way as you are, which means that unfortunately I have no involvement in the billing side of things. If you need to query anything to do with billing, charges or membership, you may be able to take certain actions by going to your account on this site. Alternatively, please contact the site’s customer service team directly. You can find their contact details by following this link: https://www.justanswer.co.uk/help/contact-us. Hopefully, they will resolve any issues you have to your satisfaction.

Have you actually been speaking to anyone from Hidenda Tax, either by telephone or via email?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
No, we have not corresponded with them in any way

OK I understand and thank you for providing the information requested. Please do not worry and leave it with me for now. I will get back to you with my full reply on here; usually the same day and the system will notify you when this happens.

I should also make you aware that this is not always an instant service, due to various legal engagements I could have and I may not be able to reply immediately. However, rest assured that I will be dealing with your query and will get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks.

Many thanks for your patience, it is appreciated. I am now pleased to be able to provide further assistance with your query.

I can see that the website was created in Dec 2020. It was registered around the same time with Companies House, although anyone can register a UK company, without having to prove their identity. It also has a registration with the Information Commissioner Office for data protection processing.

So they seem to have gone through all the formal requirements to register as a company and trade, although none of that certifies that they are legitimate.

In the end, what they appear to be doing is to reclaim marriage allowance for their customers but that is something you can do yourselves without help from anyone, so they are simply doing something which you can do, but then take a cut from it.

I would therefore not go as far as saying they are not legitimate, but you do not need them to reclaim what they offer to help with reclaiming.