Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

Privity of contract is my question, uk, In court in 1 hour,

Hi privity of contract is my question
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: uk
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: In court in 1 hour
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi Guys , really short story. We are a decorating company , my customer wanted bathroom replacing so I located a plumber recommended to me to carry out the works. We quoted for the works to my customer but she paid the plumber direct for the deposit etc.Have they started a new contract once she paid him direct ? as I am in court in 30 mins to resolve the issues still outstanding once complete she will pay the bill. But the plumber has taken me to court not my customer.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Yes they have started a new contract he made an offer of the amount, she accepted and she paid him directly. So the contract is between them you only acted as an introducer. I trust this assists

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Ok great so How do I explain that in court as we are now having a live hearing about the case.

Just explain it how I said it that the contract is not between you and the plumber but between them and their client the householder. I trust this assists

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thanks Jeremy, have a great weekend

And you take care