Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I am going to a tribunal because I was unfairly dismissed. I

I am going to a tribunal because I was unfairly dismissed. I can’t afford legal representation but have tried so far. The respondent lawyers have asked for disclosure. What does that mean
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: England
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: applied to the tribunal who took on the case. We have had a preliminary hearing. The responde
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: The respondent’s lawyers sent what they call disclosure papers. But this contained all the information I had given. And various policies of the organisation.
Hello, I’m Ben, a solicitor, and it’s my pleasure to assist you. I may ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

Do you have any further documents which you have in your possession and which are relevant to the case, which have not yet been given to the other side? 

I also wanted to make you aware that this is not always an instant service, due to various legal engagements I could have and I may not be able to reply immediately. However, rest assured that I am dealing with your query and will get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
No. They have it all and I am tempted to just pull them together again and send them on.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Do I have to disclose that I have seen my GP for severe stress
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Do I have to disclose an anonymous letter about the employer’s behaviour.

Will the letter be used in your claim?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
My initial question was. In terms of disclosure. Does it mean new information that the respondent does not have. They have sent nothing new except the same papers. Would be grateful if you could just answer this question pleas me. Thank you.

Thank you very much for clarifying. The disclosure process is where each party discloses to the other side all documents which they have in their possession, which are relevant to the claim. This is a joint duty and you must disclose to each other whatever documentary evidence you have, even if it undermines your claim. If they have already sent you all the documents they have in their possession, you will likely get a duplicate disclosure from them. However, you may often get additional documents which had not yet been sent out to you – it all depends on what they have already shared with you.