How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MARTINT330 Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2076
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
MARTINT330 is online now

Can I regisister my inherited property in wife’s name to

This answer was rated:

Can I regisister my inherited property in wife’s name to lower capital gains as she is in lower income tax bracket
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Cheshire
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have sorted probate my self years ago and property has never been occupied as I have been renovating it but I have never registered it in anyones name
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialise in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately I will respond when I return.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

Yes, you can register the inherited property to your wife's name by following the three steps:

1. Legal ownership of the property must be attained first.

2. After that, you can change the ownership to your wife's name.

3. You must finally register that your wife is the new owner of the property. The property will be transferred to her name through the Land Registry.

Is there anything else I can help with today?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
What do you mean by ‘legal ownership, the property was left to me in my fathers will

I'm not able to take calls at the moment, but the request is open to other Experts to help you. I am however available and happy to continue chatting on the platform.

MARTINT330 and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Phone number is *****
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Once this property is registered it will be sold to another family member I believe I will not be able to sell at a drastically low rate as our tax friends would not be happy but is there a happy medium