ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

My partner added me to the house deeds in 2019. He bought

My partner added me to the house deeds in 2019. He bought the house in 2014. there is no percentage breakdown on the deeds or a deed of trust, does that mean we have a 50 50 percentage
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: No
JA: Where is the house located?
Customer: Isle of wight
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Just that question please
Hi welcome to justanswer
I am Readylaw one of the legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation.
I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need some time to read what you shared above, type and respond to you.
If there is anything else you need, please let me know before I respond?
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
No

Thanks for your patience and enquiry. In situations such as these it usually means the interest in the property is shared equally yes. One party could argue that they would be entitled to a greater share because for example they contributed more to the acquisition of the property. The court could, if asked to do so decide that a50/50 split is not therefore the right or equitable share.

However, the general position is for the split to be 50/50

Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.