AlisonSolicitor
AlisonSolicitor,
Experience:  Expert
117702753

I'd like to ask if I can apply to switch to a Skilled Worker

Hi there! I'd like to ask if I can apply to switch to a Skilled Worker Visa from a Tier-1 Visa inside the UK with less than 6 months left on my passport? Or would I have to renew my passport before submitting my application?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I am Thai and live in the UK. I've just had the job offer a couple of days ago, and no paperwork has been filled yet.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the tier 2 visa?
Customer: Not yet! I've had small consultations here and there, but not a proper discussion
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Nope, I think that's it! Thank you!

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialize in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately, I will respond when I return.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Nothing else to add, thanks so much!

Ok. Please bear with me as I am currently reviewing your query. I will return to you shortly.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thanks so much!

If you're going to switch from Tier-1 Visa to Skilled Worker Visa, you’ll usually get a decision within 8 weeks of your application date. So considering there are less than 6 months on your passport, you should be good to apply for it.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Perfect, thank you! Are the conditions for a Skilled Worker Visa that I need to apply with a valid passport and non-expired visa? What does the UK government consider a valid passport, is it just one that isn't expired yet?

Documents you'll need to apply for Skilled Worker Visa

• your certificate of sponsorship reference number - your employer will give you this.
  • proof of your knowledge of English.
  • a valid passport or other documents that shows your identity and nationality.
  • your job title and annual salary.
  • your job's occupation code.

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. Please remember we are always here and happy to help. Please do let me know if you have any further questions you would like answered.