RJM Law
RJM Law, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
106205234

Is this free? I wonder if you can help me or point me in the

Is this free?
JA: The answer cost depends on the issue and time to respond. You'll see the exact amount on the next page and can decide then. It's way less expensive and more convenient than any face-to-face visit. Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I wonder if you can help me or point me in the direction of someone who can. I am a dog walker based in Bishopton, Renfrewshire. I’ve been doing this professionally since 2010. I also do boarding but this is just for my dog walking clients. A few years ago Renfrewshire council brought out licenses that boarders had to get, they’d come visit property and inspect it and I got one, I had been doing boarding before that was required.5 years ago my twin died and I stopped boarding as I was now living alone, then covid happened and there was no boarding at all and hardly any dog walking because everyone was at home. This spring people began booking holidays so I reapplied and got my license again cause I knew some of my clients would want me to take their dog while they were on holiday. But I wouldn’t be too busy cause it was just clients only. All the dogs know each other, get on great and have been in my house many times of the 12 years I’ve been walking and occasionally boarding.Things began to go wrong on Wednesday the 20th of July. A dog I had been walking 5 days a week for the last 11 years passed away after a very short illness. Same day my car failed and I knew the bills were gonna be massive (they were and car now scrapped) and I became very depressed and worried and then things got way worse. Tragically last Wednesday (27th of July – one week later from dog passing and car dying too) while I was out walking dogs, my house caught on fire. There were 4 dogs at home. 1 died and another was quite sick but now on the mend and home. The other 2 (one was mine) are ok. Although fire remained in kitchen I am now in a hotel cause the smoke damage is everywhere. Fire brigade said it was an electrical fire, insurance got out a forensic guy and he’s pinpointed it to the air fryer which was plugged in but not in use, it was just a horrific accident. The insurance have been really good to me so far and things are moving fast. Its all been so intense and heavy but I take it one day at a time.I went to visit family of deceased dog Sunday, it was hard going but they are a very forgiving family and I’m grateful for that. A few days ago owner text just to let me know council had been in touch but she had been very supportive of me. Then another client of dog who is sick but on mend text to let me know council had been in contact but he too, was very supportive on the phone.Yesterday morning the council asked where I was as they were at my house but I’m not living there at the mo, I’m in a hotel but got a flat to move into in Linwood tomorrrow with my 3 dogs. We arranged to meet at my house at 3 today.2 women were there from Renfrewshire Council I think they were from the Environment Services which also deals with dog boarding. Along with them were two people from the fire dept. So they were at the carpark at end of street, not my house and they asked if they could go front garden to talk, I said I’d prefer to speak just where we were as feeling intimidated. I cant hardly remember how it was going or what was being said as its all becoming a blur, but a few mins later we were in my front garden. First thing she did was read me my rights, said I could leave whenever I wanted and if I wanted a solicitor. I said no and answered her questions.She read the rules that boarders in Renfrewshire are required to do and I failed a lot of them I’m afraid. How many dogs were staying that day, I said 4, but I’m only allowed 2 during the day and 1 at night. Now since its only clients I do, I don’t board many dogs, I don’t have many clients so that’s usually how it is. But for a few days that week I had 4 dog walking clients dogs all staying. 2 were booked in for the previous week actually but owner asked if he could move, I wasn’t particularly keen but obliged since I do try to keep owners happy and they all are desperate to get away and it was just for a few days and all the dogs are great and no each other very well.I wa
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Don't think so

Hello, and thank you for choosing our service today. I am the expert who shall assist you with this opportunity

Please note, our service is conducted through emails and from time to time there may be a delay between answers and responses, this is due to the expert availability at the time.

If you do not receive a response immediately, please be advised I may be working through other matters however you shall receive a response as soon as I am finished with any live. However please be assured I will get back to you.

I will be able to provide you with guidance in relation to your question which should assist in clarifying matters and navigating the legal system. However, please note this does not form a professional client relationship.

I look forward speaking with you and providing help.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thanks so much
I am very sorry to hear about this very difficult time.  I have read through your information, can you tell me what your question is specifically please?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Should I seek pro legal advice now or should I wait?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
As I wait to I get a letter from. Council or procurator fiscal?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
As in wait*

I would wait until you get a letter.  Once this is received you will have time to deal with it an instruct someone.  In addition this will save you money because at thee moment you do not know what (if any) claims they will look to make against you.  Once. you receive a letter you can feel free to come back to me for further assistance in the matter (I believe you can add to favourites).   Please leet me know if there is anything else in the meantime.  

I shall provide you with a helpful link that will assist you in finding a solicitor/representative near your local area. This will provide you with someone nearby your area who can assist you if required.

I hope this information proved helpful. You will find a local solicitor who deals with these matters on the law society webpage which is as follows;

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/ (England)

https://www.lawscot.org.uk/find-a-solicitor/ (Scotland)

https://www.lawsociety.ie/Find-a-Solicitor/Solicitor-Firm-Search/ (Ireland)

https://www.lawsoc-ni.org/solicitors (N. Ireland)

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Should you require any further assistance on this matter, please do not hesitate to post a further questions for additional assistance.

Kindest Regards.