JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

I would like to know if I can change anything about my

Hi I would like to know if I can change anything about my current motor insurance , I am with a insurance firm right now but also I would like to add on a insurance policy that can use business and only for business insurance to carry food but I don’t want to change my insurance as I’ve only just been with them
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Uk
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Nope not to my knowledge

Hello, this is Jim and welcome to JustAnswer.

I am one of the legal experts on the site and I am a dual-qualified solicitor (UK & Republic of Ireland)

Thank you for the question, I am reviewing the details now and I will aim to resolve it as quickly as possible for you.

As regards ***** ***** policy, this is a contract and as such, you are bound to the terms.

At the same time, if you are a consumer (not a business) then you have rights and strong protection if things go wrong.

If you want to make any changes to your current policy then you will need to speak to them and whether this is possible or not.

They may agree but as I say, you would need to speak them. If they refuse then you are stuck with the current policy but subject to a cooling off period (you should have 14 days to cancel if you change your mind).

You could then contact an insurance broker or a financial advisor to search the market for a suitable policy for your needs, or a bespoke policy to cover your motor insurance and also the add on which you want.

I hope this helps

It was a pleasure to assist you today and I hope this answers the question.

If you have any follow up questions or if you would like me to clarify anything I have said, please let me know and I will be happy to help.

Many thanks,

Jim

Just a final note that if you would like to reconnect with me at a later date, simply add me as a favourite expert and you can then tag me in a question starting off with @JimLawyer.

I look forward to helping you again soon.

Thanks again,

Jim