JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

I’d like to describe you about my situation and want to know

I’d like to describe you about my situation and want to know your feedback about chance of getting some successes for winning in this case or not?I did some stupid stuff and signed a contract with one agency of photo and video services ..
Monthly payment of 135 pounds, and only after that they provide sort of a job.
But it all happened like this: the first shooting for 4 hours, then I sat and waited for an hour, then they told me what gorgeous photos I got, I was tired and blind, so I signed the papers, and then I realized that I was fools, and I don't want to pay £1,500 and have nothing to do with this company.
I called them and asked for cancellation of the contact but they didn’t accept and inform me that contact is not cancelled contact, if you do not pay money, by the UK law,we can this right to sue you as well.
So I'm looking for a law solution to  stop paying at least.
I’d like to ask you help for solving this problem,
Please let me know if I have any chance to get back my amount or stop monthly installment without any bad effects.Company:
Thomas Street Studios Limited T/A Hype Digital , 45-47 Thomas Street, Manchester M4 1NA Co Reg(###) ###-####- VAT No:(###) ###-####58
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: I didn’t talk with lawyer about this yet. I live in the UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I called to that company and asked them stop this contract, because I don’t want use that opportunity anymore
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: just need to see the copy of contract

Hello, this is Jim and welcome to JustAnswer.

I am one of the legal experts on the site and I am a dual-qualified solicitor (UK & Republic of Ireland)

Thank you for the question, I am reviewing the details now and I will aim to resolve it as quickly as possible for you.

Sorry to hear of the issue.

The issue is, if you signed at their premises, there is no automatic 14 day cooling off period.

A cooling off period only applies if :

1. you paid / signed up "at a distance" such as online or by telephone, or if they came to your house

2. if you did not sign "at a distance", there is a contractual term which gives you 14 days.

You would need to check what it was you signed up to see if there is any cancellation term and any cooling off period.

The only time a contract could be void is if you were misled, i.e they told you something false which induced you to sign up. Or if they force you to sign under duress. Or if the contract is heavily weighted in their favour making it unfair. Or if the service is illegal, for example.

If none of the above apply, there is then a binding contract in place and they could sue you if you stopped paying.

If any of the above scenarios did take place please let me know and we can discuss further but as it stands I fear you may be bound to what you signed up to.

I hope this helps

It was a pleasure to assist you today and I hope this answers the question.

If you have any follow up questions or if you would like me to clarify anything I have said, please let me know and I will be happy to help.

Many thanks,

Jim

Just a final note that if you would like to reconnect with me at a later date, simply add me as a favourite expert and you can then tag me in a question starting off with @JimLawyer.

I look forward to helping you again soon.

Thanks again,

Jim

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Good afternoon Jim. Thank you. Waiting for your answer

Thanks, ***** ***** be able to see it now

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you very much for your help

My pleasure, thanks