12826847

I have read a case very similar to mine and I wanted to ask

I have read a case very similar to mine and I wanted to ask the same question.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Nottingham,UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: So my partner was arrested because of DV and he is out on bail conditions. I want to know what I can do for him to be able to come back home and for the case to not go in court
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist you with this today. I am a barrister with over 15 years experience.

Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist you with this today.

Please bear with me as I will be online and off-line from time to time and therefore, may be delayed getting back to you.

Sometimes I will get back to you very quickly, other times it's going to be longer and possibly hours or overnight

Please bear in mind that it takes me time to type answers and I also have clients and sometimes have to attend court so I may not get back to you immediately.

You can tell them you don’t want to support the prosecution now but almost certainly they would summons you.

That has been their policy for a very long time.

The police are not relationship mediators. They are evidence gatherers for the CPS the task of whom is to bring criminal prosecutions in the UK. The days when you could just make allegations and then retract have gone.

I am sorry but I have to tell you the truth.

Do remember that I can only give you my opinion.

Another lawyer may have a different opinion. Litigation needs at least 2 parties and neither goes to court expecting to lose.

Nonetheless, one of them does, even though they have been told by their respective legal advisers that they have a good chance of success.

If there was a black-and-white answer to every legal problem there would be no need for anything to ever proceed to court.

The ultimate decision comes from a county court judge in a civil case or from the magistrate in a criminal case heard in the magistrates court or the jury in Crown Court.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thank you for your onest answer.

It was my pleasure to assist you. Please come back if anything else crops up and needs clarification.

Thank you for trusting Just Answer, and of course me, with your legal problem.

If you would like to reconnect with me at a later date, simply add me as a favourite expert and you can then tag me in a question by typing @JoC

Thanks again,