How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AlisonSolicitor Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 308
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
AlisonSolicitor is online now

I have a 3 month old baby in UK and 2 children in Republic

This answer was rated:

I have a 3 month old baby in UK and 2 children in Republic of Ireland
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in the family court?
Customer: The mother of 3 month old baby in UK has went to csa to set up a case even tho I have paid for this baby from day 1 .
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?
Customer: I have a verbal agreement with my ex partner in Ireland where I pay for our joint mortgage Internet sky TV and council tax which obviously counts as me looking after my children Financially. Csa have said I need to go through the courts in Ireland to prove I have children and pay towards them I find this extremely wrong as I can prove 100% I have children and pay towards there up bringing and will not be going to court in Ireland to change something that does not need changing csa calculation is only taking into account 1 child which puts the child maintenance at least twice what I should be paying
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: That's everything I know it's a new case and I want to appeal this decision on the basis I have 2 children in Ireland and should not have to get court papers to prove anything when I have birth certificates and bank statement s to show all my payments

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialize in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately, I will respond when I return.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

Have you replied to CSA and sent all the evidence that you have?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Just need to get this sorted I'm not paying over double what I should be paying for 1 child

I'm not able to take calls at the moment, but the request is open to other Experts to help you. I am however available and happy to continue chatting on the platform.

Yes, you can definitely prove to them that you should only be paying for 1 child. Have you sent them your response already?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I only received confirmation letter confirming what csa would accept and it was a court ruling in Ireland

May I please ask for a copy of the letter so I can review?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
How can I send letter to you?

You can attach it here so I can review it.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
File attached (437TTM1)

Thank you for sending it over to me.

Please bear with me as I am currently reviewing the document you sent me. I will return to you shortly.

AlisonSolicitor and other Law Specialists are ready to help you