MARTINT330
MARTINT330,
Experience:  Expert
112154245

I was arrested on 2/5/2022 for domestic violence against my

I was arrested on 2/5/2022 for domestic violence against my wife due to drink I was a alcoholic I was granted bail for 30 days then extended for another 3 weeks the officer said on my bail date that my bail is frozen as it has gone to the cps it’s now been 13 weeks …. How long before I can go home or are they dragging their feet because we are gay or I was an alcoholic ( complete detox on 14/6/2022)
JA: What are the exact charges?
Customer: domestic violence ( as a functioning alcoholic)
JA: Where are you located? Bail bond laws vary by location.
Customer: Stockport Manchester
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don’t think so

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialise in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately I will respond when I return.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
The officer in charge p c Nicholson 16880 keeps saying he’s chasing the cps

I'm not able to take calls at the moment, but the request is open to other Experts to help you. I am however available and happy to continue chatting on the platform.

May I ask what is your preferred outcome for this scenario?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
To go home as I have been away for 13 weeks now my wife has dropped the charges so I don’t understand why I can’t be at home with my wife also I am not drinking alcohol anymore and I’m on nearly 60 days .. the fighting and arguing was alcohol filed .. I hope you can help

By law, your police bail can last a maximum of 28 days, during which the police conduct their enquiries. This means that if you are released on police bail, it should take no longer than a month for a decision to be made.

Within the 28-day pre-charge bail limit, the police are expected to have concluded their enquiries and obtained a decision as to whether you will be charged or not.

Essentially, they are still allowed to apply for extensions to the 28-day pre-charge bail time limit if they feel the case is significantly complicated. An officer of the rank of inspector or above is able to authorise a three-month extension from the initial arrest date before a decision needs to be made.

However, if further time is needed for more enquiries or to consider the evidence, the police can apply to a Magistrates Court to issue an extension and there is no proposed limit on how often such applications can be made to the Court but it is anticipated that the Court would need to be satisfied that the investigation is taking place expeditiously and that there are grounds to keep you on bail.

Is there anything else I can help with today?