sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I drive a lexus is220d, came to my car and it wouldn’t

Customer Question

hi i drive a lexus is220d, came to my car and it wouldn’t unlock, had to climb through the boot to get in, car started but then i first noticed the steering wheel is so stiff i have to fight it to turn, then almost every dashboard light was on, handbreak light, traction control light, abs light and seatbelt light, no electrics are working such as windows, radio or air con either
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: no idea how to check
JA: What is the model/year of your Lexus?
Customer: 2009 is220d
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i would like to if possible i don’t know what to try
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Category: Lexus
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 17 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer, start by checking the condition of the battery if your battery has more than 2 years of use it is likely that it has reached the end of its duty cycle when these lexus have low voltage this type of electrical problem can occur because the lack of electrical voltage deprograms the electronic systems.

The second thing I recommend is to check what is happening in the fuses under the dashboard and under the engine compartment as it is possible that I feel fuse have been burned by an electrical problem.

Finally if all this is correct it is recommended to perform a computer diagnostic to check if there are error codes that are causing this and also to do a factory data reset to rule out a problem of deprogramming in the electronic system of your Lexus.