Michelle
Michelle, Mac Technician
Experience:  Apple Computers and Mobile support with 12 years of exp.
70409726

My Mac book got so slow and shut down itself occasionally.

My Mac book got so slow and shut down itself occasionally. What can I do? or is it a time for me to get a new one?

Appleologist :

Hi, and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am excited to get started with you.

Does your computer computer shut itself off while connected to your power adapter or when you are running off battery alone?

Customer:

with the power adapter connected

Appleologist :

Thanks for the additional info. Computers can shut down randomly for a few reasons. Normally it could be a depleted battery but since it is connected, it could also be the logic board. You mentioned your computer also runs slow, are you referring to the boot up speed, internet or overall funtion

Appleologist :

function*

Customer:

it just shut down automatically and i need to restart it

Appleologist :

Are you getting a prompt to restart your computer or does your machine just go black and restarts itself?

Customer:

just go black and restarts itself

Appleologist :

That defiantly sounds hardware related. How old is you mac?

Customer:

3years

Appleologist :

If your machine is still under apple care protection, I recommend bringing your machine to your nearest apple store to get it serviced. 3 years is not long at all so I do not think it is time for a new computer yet, but it defiantly needs to be serviced since your issue is hardware related. They also have the option of running a test on both your batter and adapter to determine if those contribute to your issue

Appleologist :

You can click here to locate the nearest apple store. Even if you do not have apple care, a tech will be able to let you know exactly what needs to be replaced http://www.apple.com/retail/storelist/

Appleologist :

Does that answer your question?

Customer:

yes thank you :D

Appleologist :

You are very welcome. Have a fantastic rest of your day :)