Ashik
Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I have quit iphoto by mistake how do i get it back

Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

What do you meant by "Quit iphoto by mistake". Could you please explain your question little more ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I quit the icon on my apple mac

Did you mean you've deleted the iPhoto from your Mac ? Did you deleted it from the dock (toolbar on the bottom of the screen) ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I deleted it from the bottom of the screen

Jenny, if you deleted it from the dock then it should be still in the Applications folder. On your Mac, go to Macintosh HD and open Applications folder. You can find iPhoto application in there. Just click and drag iPhoto from there to your dock (toolbar on the bottom of the screen) and dock will create room for it automatically.

Macintosh HD is your hard disk's name. It may have another name like Mac HD, My HD etc. You can access Macintosh HD from desktop or from finder (in left column).

If you can't find iPhoto in the Applications folder, then please let me know and we can reinstall iPhoto. Don't worry, you won't lose any photos which are already downloaded to the iPhoto as the library of iPhoto is saved on a different location.

Please let me know how it goes..

Best Regards,
Ashik
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I have looked in mac HD and its not there , photo booth is there but

not iphoto

Did you checked Trash ? Can you find iPhoto there ?

Also type iPhoto in Spotlight and does it returns anything ? Spotlight is the searchbox or search in the top right corner of your screen
Jenny, If you still can't find it then what version of Mac OS X are you using ? We can reinstall iPhoto application
Are you using Mac OS X 10.7 or 10.8 or 10.9 ? If so, open AppStore application from Applications folder. In AppStore, click on the Purchases tab on top
graphic
If you can find iPhoto under it, then download and install it from there. If you can't find iPhoto there, then search iPhoto in AppStore and install it.

If your Mac come with 10.6 or lower version of OS X, then you can use the installation discs came with it to reinstall iPhoto. Follow the instructions in here : http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2604

After reinstalling iPhoto, do all Software Updates from Apple menu > Software Update

If you've any trouble following the steps above, please let me know and I will walk you through it.

Best Regards,
Ashik
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I have been into apple support , they suggest inserting the disc that came withe the computer, at the moment i can't find it

Do you remember the version of your iphoto ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

i could not download an app from the App store because i needed the

10.9 version or later

Sorry for the delayed response Jenny. My apologies.

What version of Mac Os X are you using ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I
I am using Mac OSX 10.6.8
Hi Jenny, Did you get the Mac OS X installation discs or do you have the iLife installation discs ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I am afraid I can't find a disc my son set it up for me,I will have another look and see if I can find one.unless you have another suggestion.
I am sorry I am putting you to so much trouble as you can tell i am a bit of a novice with computers.
I understand. Open iMovie from Applications folder. In Movie, click on iMovie menu and select About This iMovie and tell me the version number
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

IMovie'o9 version. 8.0.6. (821)
Jenny, you were using old version of iPhoto (iPhoto and iMovie have the same version number). Since you lost iPhoto from your Mac and don't have the Mac OS X installation discs, the best option is buy the iLife 11 discs and install it on your Mac. iLife 11 includes iPhoto 11, iMovie 11, iDVD 11 and Garageband.

This will reinstall iPhoto as well as upgrade your iPhoto, iMovie and iDVD to latest version i.e version 11.

You can buy iLife 11 installation disc from eBay.com or Amazon.com

FYI The iLife 11 (or iPhoto 11) from AppStore won't work with your Mac since it requires latest OS X, but the iLife 11 discs will work with 10.6 Snow Leopard. So buy the iLife 11 installation discs from eBay or Amazon and install it.

That will fix your problem Jenny. If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,
Ashik
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

You have been very helpful thank you .
I have one question
I paid £56 for this service for a month I understand,will they continue to charge me each month. I hope not,I just wanted help with this one problem.
Hi Jenny, I've no control over your account and I will not be able to check it as I'm not authorized.

If you have subscription in here, then you can cancel it. See here : http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-cancel-my-subscription

And Jenny, add a bookmark of this page. So if you need any assistance with reinstalling iPhoto when you get the discs, you can easily get back to me directly via the bookmark without paying again.

Have a great day,
Ashik
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thank you so much for your help
You're most welcome :)