Mike the Mac Medic
Mike the Mac Medic, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I have just upgraded my Mac operating system to OS X Mavericks

I have just upgraded my Mac operating system to OS X Mavericks to be able to install the latest version of QuarkXPress 10. Having, with great difficulty completed this task, I then found that my printer was no longer compatible with the new OS. So, at the weekend I purchased a new printer all-in-one, HP photosmart 7520. I finally managed to get that set up and installed. However something is not right. Every time I go to print, it reduces the size of the image required. This must be either to do with the new QuarkXPress program or with the printer? I purposely created a box in quark 100mm x 100mm and it printed out 94mm x 94mm. Any ideas? Can you help solve this problem please??
In the print dialogue that comes up is Fit Print Area checked?
Also when you click the Printer button at the bottom of that dialogue then Show Details, go to Layout and there may be another Scale to Fit Paper Size there too. Make sure those are all not checked.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I have looked at the boxes you indicated, none of them are checked.

Problem is still occurring.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.

Ok no printers are perfectly accurate point to point as far as that goes but that seems more than usual off. Try a different program like Word to see if it is the same. Let me know.

Once I know if it is doing that on all programs ot just Quark that gives us some direction to go.
I assume you have installed the:

HP-Inkjet-SW-OSX-Mavericks_v12.34.44.dmg

Let me know
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Ok, I'm back, just had to help my daughter with homework. Can't try word document because I don't have word. only use Quark. But have tried to print page out from internet for my daughter and we're still waiting for the printer to perform this task - just one page of text!!! Have been waiting now over 16 mins. I also set up square box again 100mm x 100mm in adobe illustrator - that is now waiting in the print queue. I think something must be wrong with the printer. Not sure if Mac has HP inkjet SW-OSW-Mavericks v12.34.44dmg installed I clicked on your link, but nothing seems to be happening? I'm not sure if you can help me, and I have to go in a minute. If you can think of any other suggestions, please just email me. Thanks

If you clicked on that link it should be downloading the installer called:

you double click on that and then it will mount the installer.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I did double click on the link - maybe that's why the print queue is frozen.

Lets hope this link sorts out the problem!!

No I meant double click on the downloaded file called

in your Downloads folder. Then you will see the installer.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

it's installing right now, I'll let you know what happens in roughly 20 mins

OK after you do that you should delete the printer in Print & Scan and add it back again
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi, all installed printer deleted and added back. Opened quark set up box 100mm x 100mm went to print - once again printed out 94mm x 94mm.

OK can you try a photo from iPhoto or another program I just need to see if it is the printer or the app printing problem.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Printed a photo in photoshop this has printed to the correct size

OK give me a minute

I assume you have checked for Updates for Quark 10 because only a few months ago it was not yet ready for Mavericks? Make sure you have the latest version. Let me know.

http://www.quark.com/About_Quark/Press/PressDetail.aspx?ncid=1907

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

My OS X system reads 10.9 and I had an update for

Mavericks Version 1.0 installed on Nov 19th 2013

No Quark update not Mavericks. Go here or use the Quark Control panel in System Preferences:

http://www.quark.com/Support/Downloads/
Only Quark 10.0.01 is Mavericks ready.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

just installed Quark 10.0.01 update

OK try printing now make a new document
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Just tried it. another box 100mm x100mm and still it printed out 94mm x 94mm !!!

Ok in the Print Dialogue make sure Marks is Off:

graphic

Bleed is Page Items:

graphic

And Device Position is Centered:

graphic

Also check Page Setup next to Printer for 100% and paper size:

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Have done all that but still printing 94mm x 94mm. Think I'll have to go back to Quark 9.5 !!!

Weird you can install both but I don't see that as an issue in either version. Please let me know if Quark 9 makes any difference it may be just the printer. I didn't see any PPDs for that printer. I am using 9.5.4 and Mavericks but with a different printer works fine.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Not sure if you received one of my messages. I opened up my QuarkXpress 9.5 created the same box 100mm x 100mm and it printed perfectly 100mm x 100mm. Looks like I've just got a glitch with Qrk10?

Oh no I didn't see that ok. Well hopefully they will make a fix for it. Sorry.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Mike, thank you for being so helpful. I know we didn't manage to sort the problem but the fault obviously lies with Quark 10 and that's something I'll have to get onto them about. I appreciate all your time.

Elaine

No problem