Hello! My name isXXXXX will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information.
Is this due to a passcoed being entered too many times?
The following procedure is a special firmware recovery mode (DFU). It will erase your Apple device, re-install the operating system, and then re-sync user data once it is done (provided you have a backup of some kind).
Make sure you have downloaded and installed the latest version of iTunes on your computer before attempting this:http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
(Mac users can run System Preferences > Software Update (or “Apple Store” for OS X 10.9 users) > Check now to get the latest version for their system in most cases.)
* Open iTunes on your computer and connect the Apple device directly to it
* Turn off the Apple device (press the sleep/wake button on the top until you see the red slider and slide the red slider across to the right OR until the device simply shuts off, if locked up).
* Hold down the sleep/wake button (on the top) AND the home button (on the front) for 10 seconds
* Release the sleep/wake button but CONTINUE to hold the home button, until...
* iTunes should pop up and tell you it’s found a device in recovery mode, click OK and continue along for the restore.
It may ask whether you wish to restore a backup from iTunes or from iCloud. You should use which ever has the latest backup of your personal data.
If it doesn’t work the 1st time, start from the beginning and try again. If iTunes *still* doesn't recognize the device, plug it into a DIFFERENT USB port and try once more.
If you receive misc errors when attempting to install/uninstall or sync after installation, try temporarily disabling any anti-virus or firewall software you may be running.
If you still have concerns, please do not negatively rate my answer, simply reply back before rating. I'll be more than happy to work with you further. Hopefully, this info will answer your question. When you are satisfied, please give my answers a positive rating. You are judging my personal service only (not this website, the price, or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX and good luck,