Jason Jones
Jason Jones, Mac Technician
Experience:  Several years of supporting Mac systems.
30759776

Sending email I get incorrect username or password. Still receiving

Sending email I get incorrect username or password. Still receiving emails, I have tested from a PC. What is wrong? Switched off and on again and it connected to my emails ok
I have a question or two to ask before we can begin.

Which program do you use to access your email (Outlook, Mac Mail, Entourage, Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc)?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Problem is on my iPad. Using my Windows PC with Outlook I have no problems.

Thank you for the clarification, Tony.
On the iPad, from the home screen, tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, & Calendars, choose your account and tell me which values you have for the following items:
Incoming Server:
Incoming Port:
SSL enabled or disabled
Outgoing Server:
Outgoing Port
SSL enabled or disabled
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Incoming Server: mail.btinternet.com

incoming Port 993

SSLenabled

Outgoing Server SMTP mail.btinternet.com

Port/SSl not displayed in Advanced

Thank you for the update.
Verify what your username is. It must be your full email address and not just what comes before the @ sign.
Please, re-enter your email address and password.
Are you able to sync now?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

checked email address is in full. reinput password ***** immediately took me back to main screen. put in a known rubbish one you get "fail"to verify".

reset to good password ***** still cannot snd but still receive emails!!! problem not resolved.

Tony

Very good.
Now you can continue on that same page. Click the Outgoing server settings, enter your email and password ***** the username/password ***** test once more.