Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.

How can I speak with somebody who will stay on the telephone

How can I speak with somebody who will stay on the telephone with me and talk me through connecting my new Brother 1112 printer to my MacBook Pro running on OS X version 10.6.8? Thank you, ***** *****

Hello David! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. We have live online support. Is there any error or message when installing the printer cd disk?

Can we do a remote support session, so we can chat, and I will be able to help you directly?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The Document I got with the printer says "For Windows 8 only", but goes on to state "For Macintosh you can download the driver, software and manuals by visiting the Brother Solutions Center at http://solutions." I can find the site at that address, but I have no idea what I am looking fior, or what I do with it if I find it. The disc says it includes Mac OSX including v 10.6.8, which I am running, but when I try to load t onto my machine, ir refuses to accept it and rejects the disc.

Thank you. Can you please download and install the printer driver/software at the Brother website below:

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My Mac says that the download has been successful, but the Mac still does not like the installation CD. It has now accepted it, but it is not doing anything with it.

DO NOT use the printer installation cd disk. Now after downloading, did you open it to install? The downloaded file name is called HL-1110_WEB_101.dmg.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The CD has gone into the Mac, (and doesn't want to come out), but I have not used this disc at all. If the download has been succesful, and I have followed the instructions on the 'Start here OSX' ikon, (as I have), what do I do now?

That's okay. Do you see the file you've downloaded called HL-1110_WEB_101.dmg ? Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, and I have completed the installation using that. I have now got to the stage when I think it should be printing. I have jiggled the toner cartridge front to back and side to side before putting it into the printer which has then shown a green light, made an encouraging noise, followed by an orange light followed by it doing nothing. What does the single orange light mean? (It is a brand new cartridge), and how do I correct it?

Thank you. You may have gotten a bad toner (or printer); please try the following to fix and/or to confirm:

1. Please disconnect the printer USB cable from the computer for now.
  2. Click on the Apple logo / menu at the top left, then select System Preferences..., then open Print & Fax.
  3. Select the Brother... printer
  4. Click on the - (minus) icon at the bottom left, and remove/delete the printer.
  5. Power on the printer, then reconnect the printer USB cable to the computer.
  6. Click on the + (plus) icon at the bottom left, and it should detect your brother printer, then re-add it.
  7. Check printing.

If needed, please see solutions for light indications / errors at the website below:

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Eureka! It works!

Thank you for your help, and your expert advice

You're welcome. Great. If you need anything else later, please let me know any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on a face icon / service option above, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much for your patience.