Mike the Mac Medic
Mike the Mac Medic, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

File missing need help recovering not sure if lost after recent

file missing need help recovering not sure if lost after recent OS X EL capitan upgrade on macbook
What file is missing?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is called 'World War II Significance Coursework.docx'
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
does remote mean you take over the computer as the file is missing from a mac book not this one?
Yes I need you to be on that machine.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok on mac book now. the file name i have recently sent has a page with chapter headings on which i can see. it is the content under the chapter headings that has vanished and its that which i need to recover
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
do i need to accept the offer above in order for you to remote in?
Yes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
done
OK go to the link below and click on Join your Session then allow the app to run, if you get a message about "unknown developer" go to System Preferences / Security & Privacy and Allow it to run, then look for my messages on your screen: http://mikethemacmedic.com:8040/?Session=fb6f77a9-f11d-4fd6-bf35-a352322b79ce
I disconnected while you are putting in private information, let me know how it goes.