Richard, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple Computers Specialist

My father's (95) iPad won't charge up. It's 2 years old

My father's (95) iPad won't charge up. It's 2 years old and only used for emails, browsing online and banking. What can I do please?
Hi there ad welcomeCan you hold the home and power buttons for about 10 seconds until you see the Apple Logo then release and tell me please if it now starts up.Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard,
I have already done that and nothing happens
ThanksCan you connect it to the computer please and the repeat the procedure.Does this get it to come on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As it benongs to my father I don't have his computer here
ok, can you connect it to the wall socket for power then?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I have done that
ThanksWith it connected, do the initial instructions I gave you, nothing will happen but then wait 10 minutes with it still connected to the power and then repeat the procedure.Tell me if it then starts please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok will do
thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Richard, thank you it is 1% charged. My dad will be very grateful as he is house bound.
I'm not sure if I pressed the wrong button but can I have this as a one off payment and not the start of a a monthly contract please? If we need you again we will certainly be back.
Thanks again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you please confirm this was a one off payment for £26 and I haven't asked for a monthly contract?
I have sent this to customer service Val (I cannot see this as I am only an engineer) but they will ensure there is no monthly contract if you accidentally signed up for it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
your welcome