John T. F.
John T. F., Apple Consultant
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry
60674955

I have an old iPad and it suddenly restarted with the Apple

I have an old iPad and it suddenly restarted with the Apple logo and told me that I needed to set up my iPad. It ten asked for my passcodes did teen my Apple ID activation code. I have not done this as I fear that I may have been hacked by someone who needs my Apple login details. I tried switching off and on but was asked for activation code again. What should I do?

Hello! My name is***** will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information. Please give me a minute to read over your submission...

First, let’s attempt resolving this issue with your Apple device by trying a hard reset, then proceed from there if that does not resolve the problem:

Disconnect the device from it's cord, if plugged in.

iPhone 7: press and hold the power button and the volume down button simultaneously for about 10 seconds, or until you see an Apple logo.

iPhone 6S and older, iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold your Sleep/Wake button (on the top right) and Home button (on the front) simultaneously for about 10 seconds, or until you see an Apple logo.

When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.

The next thing you should see after the Apple logo is the home screen a few minutes later.

If you do NOT see the Home screen and it is still asking you you supply your Apple ID and password ***** you should do so. It appears the software must have crashed on the iPad.

If you still have concerns, don’t negatively rate my answer, just reply back and let me know. I'll be happy to advise you further. When finished, please give a positive rating so I can be credited for my assistance. You are judging my personal service only (not this website, the price, or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,

John

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Many thanks, ***** ***** it seems to have worked. I have changed my Apple ID just in case.