cvd4311
cvd4311, Computer Analyst
Experience:  I have a BA in CIT with over 14 years experience.
20109878

When I highlight a sentence in a book on my Kindle for Mac,

When I highlight a sentence in a book on my Kindle for Mac, there's no "highlight" option on the pop-up menu, therefore I can't get to the Amazon site. What am I missing?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Plese note that this is not an e-reader question but a KIndle for Mac SOFTWARE question.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
When can I expect some reults?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What is happening? R U guys a scam?

Search for any term or phrase as you read by clicking on any word or clicking and dragging over a passage. Once you've selected text, a pop-up box gives you the option to Highlight, Highlight & Add Note should be what you normally have to do to highlight the text.

But from what I see there is no highlight for that software (Kindle for Mac).

Sorry it took so long to answer you. Most experts answer questions when they can if they are online.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
62; there is no highlight for that software (Kindle for Mac)Exactly. Does that mean that Kindle doesn't let users work text on Mac as on other devices?

Kindle for Mac doesn't but the other Kindle do.

Have you updated your firmware.

I have even looked for shortcuts for Kindle for Mac Highlighter but there is nothing there.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
62; Kindle for Mac doesn't but the other Kindle do.I'm not sure that it is because I copied plenty of text from Kindle from the Mac onto the Amazon server a year ago. Just forgot how I did it.
Can you ask Amazon?

How long ago did you update the software?

You said highlight not copy? Did you want to highlight something or copy something?

You do a copy from your Kindle for Mac then go over to the server and do a paste or do a command + V button for the paste.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
my software is the latest, 1.21.1, but it says, last update 23.11.2014

Step 1. Open any ebook in your Kindle reader and make a selection - you can save the selection as a highlight or create a note.
Step 2. Go to the Kindle menu and sync the changes.
Step 3. Open kindle.amazon.com, sign-in with your Amazon ID that you used to register your Kindle, and choose the Your Highlights link.

Try the above to paste to server.

1.21 is the latest version

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
62; you can save the selection as a highlightNo, because the pop-up menu doesn't give that option.

You can also do it this way:

1. Highlight the text you want to copy.
2. Additional Options will appear
3. Click More
4. It will give you an option to Google Search it
5. Click on the Google Option
6. This show open up your default browser and Google search the highlighted text for you.
7. Now all that is left is to copy you highlighted text from the google search field

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
62; You do a copy from your Kindle for Mac then go over to the server and do a paste or do a command + V button for the paste.I don't know whether it will work on the server, but I discovered that I can copy it into Word.

Either the paste or command + v button will paste it.

Yes you can copy into Word and Notes.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Cool! It worked! Thank you.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Can you email me our exchange?

You are very welcome. This chat will automatically go to your email address.

Please RATE 4 stars or above and I will close the ticket.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Could you please help JustAnswer stop me every hour a message saying "the expert is working..." given that we completed the project a long while ago.

Sorry about them sending you that message. Once you rated me they should have stopped messaging you. As long as we don't come back and chat in this question it will stop.