Russell H.
Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert
Experience:  Years ago & in 2 years recently, I helped with Mac OS [X] & MacBook & Air & BootCamp etc. problems.
13568747

On my computer mac screen I am trying to print and am

Customer Question

on my computer mac screen I am trying to print and am getting message : unable to send data to printer
' support code 306 '
my printer is connected to my mac so don't know how to resolve this
Category: Mac
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
no forget about the live phone call please just an online answer will be okay can this occur within the next 5 mins please ?
Expert:  Russell H. replied 12 days ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your printer question. I regret that this response may come later than your needs dictate.

Try this:

Click on the Apple icon at top left

Click on System Preferences.

Click on Print & Fax.

(If the padlock in the bottom left is locked:
Click it, enter your password ***** click OK.)

Select the printer from the list in the box by clicking on it once.

Remove it from the box by a click on the – button.

Wait a few minutes, then click on the + button to add it again leaving the options at default values.

That may restore operation. I hope so. Let me know, in Reply, how it turns out, please.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi Russell
I tried doing what you suggested but unfortunately its still not working
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
The advice that I received from Russell H has not worked the alarm light on the printer-the one with the triangle symbol adjacent to it is still flashing
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I am still waiting here for some confirmation-what does ' shortly ' mean ?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Okay the time is now 21.50-if I don't hear from anyone by 22.00 hours I will cancel this ' secure remote service '.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
my printer is not working despite my taking Russell H' s advice
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Is anyone there ?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
okay I'm here what do you suggest ?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
If The Mac support specialist is available now-why hasn't he/she responded ??

If you have not already canceled - let me explain that at the time I was unavoidably offline and could not respond.

Further, your printer may be defective - can you run a test photocopy on it? or is that impossible to do?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
The printer is not working-I tried to photocopy and it won't
The alarm light is flashing suggesting that its not communicating with my computer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 11 days ago.

If a test photocopy just won't run, the printer itself has a problem. The Alarm light flashing means a paper jam, a paper-out condition (paper needs loading), etc. A problem on the printer itself in need of correcting, in short.

Check paper trays for paper loaded, and loaded properly.

Check the Ink Levels indication on the printer - to see that ink is sufficient (if not, more ink will be needed.)

Correct the condition, see if it now prints.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.