Mike the Mac Medic
Mike the Mac Medic, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My MacBook Pro (running on Yosemite 1o.10.5) 13 inch mid

Customer Question

My MacBook Pro (running on Yosemite 1o.10.5) 13 inch mid 2012, developed the click of death.I have been and bought a new HDD (WD 1tb), 8mb cache. I removed the old hard drive and put in the new. However on switching on it wouldn’t go beyond the APple logo. I managed to get to DiskUtility and formatted the HDD and partitioned the disk as per insyru. The original installation disk was in the optical drive but it still would not go from the Apple screen and boot up. I tried to reset the PRAM. Now I am getting 3 beeps. Again, following instructions I removed the RAM one at a time but the beeping continued-which suggests both lots of RAM are faulty. However, this only happened once I reset the PRAM.Please can you tell me what to do to a/stop the beeping and b/ get my machine to boot up with the new hard disk. I checked and it is supposedly compatible with my version of OSXThanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  syseng replied 1 month ago.

My name is David.

Do you still need assistance?