Russell H.
Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert
Experience:  Years ago & in 2 years recently, I helped with Mac OS [X] & MacBook & Air & BootCamp etc. problems.
13568747

I apparently set i-cloud in a phone I have since returned to

Customer Question

I apparently set i-cloud in a phone I have since returned to get a refund but need to be able to cancel this and I can't even remember doing this! I am disabled and my memory is rubbish so do you have any way I can cancel this?
Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?
Customer: It was an iphone 5S which had to be returned as it didn't work!
Assistant: How long has this been going on with your smartphone? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I sent the phone back to the sender but didn't even know I had put this on
Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Before getting a refund i will need to know how to take this off
Category: Mac
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
is the code which was just sent to my current alcatel phone
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I will be using my current number on a new iphone which will be sent to me as soon as the previous iphone5S can be cleared.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have difficulty with my understanding sometimes as I am disabled. Hard to believe I have a degree in speech and language therapeutics!
HELP!!
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Is anyone working on this?
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your Apple iCloud question.

I suggest that you de-authorize the iCloud account (which is the same as the Apple ID account) on the phone that you returned for a refund. That may be done this way, I think:

- First, launch iTunes.

- Go to the Store menu.

- Click on View My Apple ID.

- Enter password ***** see the option.

- Now .... Shut down iCloud services.

- In the Manage Devices window, click "Remove" for the phone you have returned.

See whether that can work.

If not - would you be averse to closing down the whole Apple ID account including the iCloud account authorized on the phone you returned?

- If this answers your question, please rate my answer using the five-star interface at the top of the JustAnswer question page .... A five-star rating would be appreciated! Thank you.

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.