I suggest that you de-authorize the iCloud account (which is the same as the Apple ID account) on the phone that you returned for a refund. That may be done this way, I think:
- First, launch iTunes.
- Go to the Store menu.
- Click on View My Apple ID.
- Enter password ***** see the option.
- Now .... Shut down iCloud services.
- In the Manage Devices window, click "Remove" for the phone you have returned.
See whether that can work.
If not - would you be averse to closing down the whole Apple ID account including the iCloud account authorized on the phone you returned?
- If this answers your question, please rate my answer using the five-star interface at the top of the JustAnswer question page .... A five-star rating would be appreciated! Thank you.
If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.