Pete
Pete, Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

Wireless keyboard on my apple mac will not operate; ijklmou

wireless keyboard on my apple mac will not operate; ijklmou and 7890 [i am currently using screen key board]
Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your Apple device?
Customer: how do i tell
Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Which lights are solid and which are blinking on your router?
Customer: ihave only 1 light strip and that is sold unblinking blue
Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not unless you advise me
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Did the wireless keyboard work ok previously, or are you trying to set it up for the first time?

Have you tried replacing the batteries in the wireless keyboard?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** the batteries 2 days ago, when the problem first occurred [they were 30 percent charged at the time] . The keyboard has worked well for a couple of years, until the day before yesterday.

Has it worked since the batteries were swapped?

The batteries may not be making good contact inside the battery compartment.

This usually works: Take the batteries out, then roll up a small piece of tin foil about the size of a pea and use it to help the batteries make better contact with the terminals inside the battery compartment.

--------------------

Thanks for the opportunity to assist you, your satisfaction is my priority. I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

I will still be here if you need me.

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Happy New Year!

Pete.

--------------------

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
but in the condition complained of. I can use it now with the exception of letters and numbers reported

Ahh ok, so there is a portion of the keyboard that is faulty.

Did any liquid get spilt on it, or are any of those keys stuck down?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
no liquid has been spilt no keys are stuck down tin foil doesn't help

Can you test the keyboard with a different Mac?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Unfortunately no

Ok, I suspect that the keyboard has a fault, and testing it on another Mac would help confirm this.

Do you have another keyboard that you can connect to your Mac?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No, I had assumed that I had altered something affecting keyboard programming

As only a portion of the keyboard is affected, it is a hardware fault and not a software fault.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** try to have the board tested one way or another.