JakeUK
JakeUK, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  IT Services, 10 Years Experience, Bsc Business IT, MCSA, PRINCE2, CompTia (A+,Network+,Server+,Security+)
105381324

I had to disable my apple id as someone was using it to buy

Hi, I had to disable my apple id as someone was using it to buy itunes from my account, now i cant seem to log out to make a new apple id, can you help?
JA: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?
Customer: I have been trying for a few weeks now to sort this, i dont know exactly
JA: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?
Customer: i tried a few things but im not sure, how do you do that?
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I cant access my apps
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Good afternoon. I am just reviewing your query, give me a moment.
Jake
A couple of questions to start with if I may. Is this on a phone, or iPad, or Mac computer?
How did you become aware someone was purchasing items using your account?
Jake
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
iphone, i noticed on my bank statement
Ok. If we log you out of your Apple ID on your phone, all apps you have Downloaded or paid for using that Apple ID will no longer work on your phone. You will need to download/buy those apps again using the new Apple ID
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
that is fine
I would suggest that the EASIEST way to do this is to reset your phone, and set it up as new, making a new Apple ID during the process. Do you have a different email address you could use to create a new Apple ID?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
i do, ok how do i do that?
You will need to press the settings app, then click general, then scroll to the bottom to the reset button. Then select ‘erase all content and settings’ . It will ask you to confirm, either with your old Apple ID password, or just your phone PIN number
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
im not sure of my password
Let’s try it first, it may not ask for your password.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok im just backing up my info
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
going to take about 3 mins is this ok?
Of course, take as long as you need. I am chatting to you from my mobile phone so have as much time as you like
Where are you backing up your data to? If it is linked to your old Apple ID it will not let you restore it
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
its asking for a password, i think this is set to come through text to my sons old phone
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
i dont have it
Ok let’s try something different for now. If you click on the settings app, at the very top should be your Apple ID information. If you click on that and scroll to the bottom, can you try ‘sign out’
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
its asking for password
Ok. When you say you disabled your Apple ID, can I ask how you did that? It may be we can reset password ***** order to clear it from the device
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
it was my partner that did it, can i not just un disable my present apple id?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok thats me signed out, i remembered my password
that’s what I am thinking, if we un-disable this and then create a very strong password ***** should be secure from further account misuse.
Ok. If you want to continue to use the same Apple ID you can do so, and set a very strong password? Or if you prefer we can set up a new one?
Jake
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
whatever is easiest
Probably easiest to use existing as then you keep all your apps. If you could sign back into the phone with existing Apple ID and password, i will then show you how to set a new password
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
bare with me i,ve forgot my apple id now
It should be your email address
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
i have a few, i dont use this one
If you don’t use this one we might be better off making a new one?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok ideal, i have a gmail one, what do i do next?
Ok. If you copy and paste this next line into your web browser, it should bring you to an account creation screen ..
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok
Https://Appleid.apple.com/account#!&page=create
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
wont be long
Take your time.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
thats it all done, will i just come out of that and go back into settings?
then let’s sign in to the settings app with your new I’D
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
thats it all done and working, thanks so much for your help and patience
No problem at all. Some of your old apps might not work, you will need to remove them and add again from App Store, with new Apple ID. If I could please ask that you scroll to the top of our conversation and rate the support you have received? 5 stars would be most appreciated! Jake
Hello, I am just following up to see if any further assistance is needed with this? If not, would it be possible to rate the support you have received so that I may close the query? Much appreciated, Jake