Richard, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple Computers Specialist
32989067

I have a problem with one person only with the emails it’s

Hi my name is ***** ***** have a problem with one person only with the emails it’s my niece in Oz. When I send picture she always gets two, when she emails some times I get an email with what looks like computer language so I cannot read it and sometimes they say blank content. None of my other contacts do I have this problem with. Is it her end or me? thanks for any help ann
JA: When was the last time you updated the Operating System (OS) on your Apple device?
Customer: Pass I am not that into technology
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don’t think so I am just very puzzled

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please which email program you are using?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am not very good with technology....I use Google is that what you want?

Thats a company sorry, can you check the name of the program you use please?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am not sure what you mean I just email, I am 71 and not too sure what you mean

Can you look at the name of the program please when you open it?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The screen has several options of things I use and the email just has a picture of and envelope where will I find what you are looking for please

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Just guide me thro’it please I do not want to spend any more money on it thanks

I need to know which program you use first in order to help you

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok let’s forget it I will take iPad into town and get them to fix it. Thanks

ok, so it is an iPad, that helps

Please hold the home and power buttons on it until you see the apple logo then release.

Let it restart

let me know when you have

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi iPad re-set

ok, now send a test and have her reply and tell me how it functions please

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have sent a picture and an email and told her it’s urgent, it’s 5pm in Oz so should get her response quickly I will let you know when. Thanks

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi my niece replied she got two pictures but I only sent one

Two of the same pictures or different pictures?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No the same picture twice

have her forward the email back to you, not reply but forward

how many times do you see the picture?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok I have asked her

ok

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi I received her forward and there are two copies

Go to the sent folder on your iPad, open the original email

How many pictures are in that?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Only one

The issue is then on her side, likely with her email client or provider, but it is not with your device, this now confirms it

Let me know if you need anything else, and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi I thought that so my other two problems are with her as well then ie when I get all the computer language and not English and when I get emails that say no content?

yes that is correct, everything is working correctly on your end

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for having patience with me and persevering I will give a five star rating and thank you again. Have a good day I don’t know where you are but I live in the Med and it’s nice and sunny hope your weather is good. Thank you again

Thank you, ***** ***** you do via the stars at the top then submit

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sorry where is the five star rating page please

Where it says to rate your expert

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi again. I have sent an email to a friend and when I look at the sent mail it comes up “ this message has no content” and this is one of the problems I had with my niece in Oz . So the problem goes on.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Looking at the inbox it is all there but the all mail says no content. Puzzled.

when you look at it in the sent folder, how does it look

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It has my message to my friend and looks ok. On the list of all mail it says no content but when you open it up the message is there

Go to settings, general, reset, reset all settings

Tell me how the new emails work please

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi it made me reset iPad and re-input password. I sent another email and now looks ok thank you. If it happens again I will be in touch.