Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

After the last update on my iPad a couple of weeks ago ALL

After the last update on my iPad a couple of weeks ago ALL icons vanished for two days. Since then a few have reappeared but many have not, including several which I used frequently. Can you help me restore them? The local store, Solutions Inc, has closed and the closed Apple store is in London, highly inconvenient..
JA: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: It's an iPad about 3 years old. No idea what sort of OS.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Apple device? What have you tried so far?
Customer: About two weeks. No idea what to try
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Unless he would need the things I used a lot, I can"t think of anything else

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try this first: Open the Settings app icon on your iPad. Then tap option General. Then tap option Reset. Then tap option Reset Home Screen Layout and confirm / reset. Then the iPad will restart, then log in your iPad and check if all your icons are there.

- Does that work? If no, we can reinstall any missing app in App Store. Are you able to do the steps above? Can you please let me know some of the names of the icons that are still missing?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Aha!!! That worked. Thank you so much. Why didn't I think of that?

You're very welcome. Great. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit. Thank you very much,