JakeUK
JakeUK, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  IT Services, 10 Years Experience, Bsc Business IT, MCSA, PRINCE2, CompTia (A+,Network+,Server+,Security+)
105381324

I have an iPhone 8+. When I switch it off I get a red flag

I have an iPhone 8+. When I switch it off I get a red flag on the screen with SOS. What does that mean?

Good morning ,how are you?

Panic button

The panic button mode – referred to officially as Emergency SOS, but also known as "cop mode" – is a special feature of the phone intended to send it into lock down. That's meant to stop people getting into your phone, and also to give you an easy way of getting in contact with people if something bad happens.

it stops a would-be thief from forcing you to put your fingerprint on the sensor before they take the phone away.

To turn the feature on, open up Settings and scroll down to "Emergency SOS". When you click on that, you'll be shown a little animation demonstrating how to enable the feature, and the app will offer the opportunity to define your "Auto Call" settings.

Once it's turned on, you can click the power button quickly five times and it will bring up the emergency SOS screen as well as immediately locking the phone. It brings up a range of further options, all of which are intended to help you out if you're stuck in an emergency.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Great, thanks.

You are welcome!

Jake