OakdaleTech
OakdaleTech, Mac Genius
Experience:  ACMT
81238384

What do I need to do to speed-up synchronisation of photos

What do I need to do to speed-up synchronisation of photos between an iPhone SE and a MacBook Air. It does happen, but sometimes days in arrears. They are both on WiFi and in proximity to each other.

Hi! My name is Justin and I'll be assisting you. Secure Remote Assistance is NOT REQUIRED (But Helpful)

It is truly dependent on your wireless connection. Also if you want to sync on cellular you need to manually turn that on.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
They have been permanently on WiFi over the last few days, and synchronisation is not occurring. What settings should I check on both iPhone and Mac?

If that is the case most of the times that I have had issues I have signed out of the iCloud account and then signed back into the account on both devices to resolve the issue. It sounds like the issue is a hold up in sync services.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you, I'll try that. Would AirDrop help for some urgent photos?

For sure. Airdrop is great!

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
In iCloud on the Mac, Photo Library is checked, but not Photo Stream. Should I check Photo Stream as well?

No. Photo Stream is not needed.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
When I checked Photo Library, Upload was paused to 'save battery'. Does it do this automatically?

I believe it is checked by default.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Meaning that the Mac has to be on mains power for synch, and if it isn't, then synch stops?

if it impact the battery greatly, yes.