Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan,
Experience:  Senior IT Support Specialist at Brookfield Asset Management
101830517

My iTunes just has a spinning wheel. Doesn't connect to "for

Customer Question

My iTunes just has a spinning wheel. Doesn't connect to "for You" or "browse".
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ameen Khan replied 3 months ago.

Hi! My name is Ameen and I'll be assisting you. Secure Remote Assistance is NOT REQUIRED (But Helpful)

I am sorry you are having this concern, I will do my best to help you today. I have a follow up question for you today, see below. Kindly respond back to me with that information by using the box below.

FOLLOW UP QUESTION -> on which device is this?

--

If you don't see a reply from me - please wait - i will reply as soon as I see it

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It's on my iMac

okay when was this last working?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It was a few days ago. I tried to connect to my account on another mac. I've since changed my password ***** connected to iCloud in my preferences

Okay and it accepted your new password?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it seems to be signed in ( it has a tab that says "Sign out"), so it's signed in
Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Okay but you are saying it has a spinning wheel?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
nothing else

FOLLOW UP QUESTION -> That is an issue and not a simple question and answer, therefore to answer your question, I need to investigate and fix remotely? Is screenshare okay?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Why do I pay extra for that?

Its a premium service, as its not a simple answer

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Never mind. Thank you. Cancelling membership. I was under the impression my monthly subscription was all I needed to pay. I know my way around a Mac very well, so was hoping for some simple guidelines.

Over chat I can only give you possible steps to try - this does not guarantee a fix, is that okay? will that help you satisfy and answer your question today?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Let's try.

I was offering you the remote to fix it since I can see and resolve the issue remotely, but looks like you are looking for general suggestions

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I was under the impression that my membership fee is all I pay ... besides, I work on corporate financial documents, I cannot allow unauthorised persons access to my workstation.

Membership covers the questions yes. Remote and Phone calls are premium offers

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
OK, are we going to try?

Yes - do the below:

you need first to disable Apple System Integrity Protection (SIP). The SIP technology limits the actions that the user can perform on protected parts of the Mac operating system. Follow the steps below to disable Apple SIP and uninstall iTunes.

1. Restart your Mac and press Command+R key shortcut while the reboot is in progress.
  2. You will see an unusual startup window – this is the recovery mode. In the Menu bar click Utilities → select Terminal.
  3. In the Terminal window paste the following command and press the Return key: csrutil disable. The Apple System Integrity Protection will be disabled.
  4. Restart your Mac and login to your system through your admin account. This is optional as you can remove default apps only if you have the administrator rights.
  5. If you have signed into your administrator account, type the command cd /Applications/ and click the Return button. The application directory will be shown.
  6. Now use the following command to delete the default Apple application.

sudo rm -rf iTunes.app/

Please note: when you remove iTunes via Terminal, it doesn’t ask for the system confirmation. Itunes will be deleted immediately. Also, after you have deleted iTunes, don’t forget to enable the System Integrity Protection in order to not remove other important apps by mistake. For this, restart your Mac again → use Command+R shortcut → open Terminal and this time type the command csrutil enable.

Well, the manual way of iTunes removal is not that easy. Fortunately, there is a much easier way for this task, and now we are going to move on and tell you about it.

Uninstall iTunes using App Cleaner & Uninstaller

App Cleaner & Uninstaller is a special software tool from Nektony, which allows you to uninstall applications from your Mac and reset applications to their initial state.
App CLeaner & Uninstaller finds all the service files of each app and completes the removal task correctly, safely and quickly – with just a few clicks.

If you want to uninstall iTunes completely, including the executable file, you have to disable Apple SIP first, then use the uninstaller.

If you want to get rid of iTunes service files and free up disk space from its useless service files, such as cache, preferences, cookies, and so on, follow these steps.

1. Launch App Cleaner & Uninstaller.
  2. Go to the Preferences.
  3. In the General tab enable the option Display System Applications.
  4. App Cleaner & Uninstaller will automatically rescan your apps and show them in the left section of its window. Select iTunes service files in the right section and click the Remove button.
  5. Then just confirm the removal by clicking the appropriate button.