Mike the Mac Medic
Mike the Mac Medic, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I have just had my iPad repaired at a shop but I had to go

Customer Question

Hi I have just had my iPad repaired at a shop but I had to go back to original settings it’s asking for me to put my Apple ID and password. I have my ID but don’t know my password ***** it’s Not giving me any options i.e. to ask for new part password.
Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?
Customer: This might sound confusing I have an Apple ID and a password ***** I think when I set my iPad up I had a different Apple ID because when I start to go through the process it shows me what my Apple ID was Which isn’t the one that I use now. I have tried with my existing Apple ID and password ***** I know is correct and it says this iPad doesn’t recognise the ID so I am assuming you can only activate the iPad by using the Apple ID that I first used with this iPad
Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?
Customer: no
Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Don’t think so
Category: Mac
Expert:  Bing replied 7 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today.

I am sorry to know the trouble. Can I know the full email address of your Apple ID?