Hi! My name is Ameen and I'll be assisting you. Secure Remote Assistance is NOT REQUIRED (But Helpful)
I am sorry you are having this concern, I will do my best to help you today.
To answer your question -> See below troubleshooting steps:
"Initialize Failed" when attempting to launch DSMobileCapture - Macintosh
1. Disconnect the USB cable from both the scanner and the computer.
2. Turn off the power to the scanner, wait about 15 seconds and then turn on the scanner.
3. Reconnect the USB cable to both the scanner and the computer. Make sure that the cable is directly connected between the two devices.
- DS820W or DS920DW users, go to step 4.
- Other scanner model users, go to step 5.
4. DS820W or DS920DW Users: Make sure that the scanner has been configured to PC Mode.
How to change the scanner to PC Mode
5. Browse to System Preferences → Security & Privacy.
6. Click the Padlock icon at the bottom of the window to enable changes.
7. If prompted, enter your system password ***** click Unlock.
8. On the message stating that 'Brother Industries, LTD was blocked', click Allow.
9. When prompted to restart, click OK. The system will now restart.
10. Attempt to open DSmobileCapture again.
- If you no longer receive the error, then the issue is resolved.
- If you receive the error again, go to step 11.
11. Uninstall the scanner driver. Click here for instructions.
12. Reinstall the scanner driver. Click here for instructions.
13. Attempt to open DSmobileCapture again.
- If you no longer receive the error and are able to open DSMobileCapture, then the issue is resolved.
- If you receive the error again, connect the scanner and computer using a different USB cable, directly connected between the devices. The cable should be no longer than 6 feet. Try to open DSmobileCapture again.
- If you no longer receive the error, then the issue is resolved. Continue using the new USB cable.
- If you receive the error again, the machine will need to be serviced.
Your machine has a one-year limited exchange warranty. Use our Warranty Calculator to check the status of your machine's warranty. If your machine is out of warranty, we offer a repair option. Please contact Customer Service for warranty or repair options.
Let me know if you have any follow up questions. I am here to help you.