Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan,
Experience:  Senior IT Support Specialist at Brookfield Asset Management
101830517

TO INSTAL THE DS MOBILE 720D ON MY MacBook Air AND I GO THRU

Customer Question

I AM TRYING TO INSTAL THE DS MOBILE 720D ON MY MacBook Air AND I GO THRU CORRECT STEPS AND IT JUST SAYS "INITIALIZE FAILED" HELP - IVE BEEN DOING THIS FOR HOURS !!! IT WORKED OK ON MY PREVIOUS MACBOOK
JA: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your MacBook Air?
Customer: 14.4
JA: How long has this been going on with your MacBook Air? What have you tried so far?
Customer: IVE DOWLOADED FROM BROTHER AND AGREED TERMS ETC AND IT COMES UP SAYING DOWNLOAD SUCCESSFUL BUT ON DESK TOP THE DS MOBILE CAPTURE ONCE CLICKED - JUST SAYS "INITIALIZE FAILED "
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Category: Mac
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
my operating system is 10.14.5
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
is somebody still there?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ameen Khan replied 7 months ago.

Hi! My name is Ameen and I'll be assisting you. Secure Remote Assistance is NOT REQUIRED (But Helpful)

I am sorry you are having this concern, I will do my best to help you today.

To answer your question -> See below troubleshooting steps:

"Initialize Failed" when attempting to launch DSMobileCapture - Macintosh

1. Disconnect the USB cable from both the scanner and the computer.

2. Turn off the power to the scanner, wait about 15 seconds and then turn on the scanner.

3. Reconnect the USB cable to both the scanner and the computer. Make sure that the cable is directly connected between the two devices.

- DS820W or DS920DW users, go to step 4.

- Other scanner model users, go to step 5.

4. DS820W or DS920DW Users: Make sure that the scanner has been configured to PC Mode.

How to change the scanner to PC Mode

5. Browse to System Preferences → Security & Privacy.

6. Click the Padlock icon at the bottom of the window to enable changes.

7. If prompted, enter your system password ***** click Unlock.

8. On the message stating that 'Brother Industries, LTD was blocked', click Allow.

9. When prompted to restart, click OK. The system will now restart.

10. Attempt to open DSmobileCapture again.

- If you no longer receive the error, then the issue is resolved.

- If you receive the error again, go to step 11.

11. Uninstall the scanner driver. Click here for instructions.

12. Reinstall the scanner driver. Click here for instructions.

13. Attempt to open DSmobileCapture again.

- If you no longer receive the error and are able to open DSMobileCapture, then the issue is resolved.

- If you receive the error again, connect the scanner and computer using a different USB cable, directly connected between the devices. The cable should be no longer than 6 feet. Try to open DSmobileCapture again.

- If you no longer receive the error, then the issue is resolved. Continue using the new USB cable.

- If you receive the error again, the machine will need to be serviced.

Your machine has a one-year limited exchange warranty. Use our Warranty Calculator to check the status of your machine's warranty. If your machine is out of warranty, we offer a repair option. Please contact Customer Service for warranty or repair options.

-------------

Let me know if you have any follow up questions. I am here to help you.