Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

I am worried my IPad has been hacked, I don't know, My

Customer Question

I am worried my IPad has been hacked
JA: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?
Customer: I don't know
JA: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: My screen went black on Saturday afternoon even though it was fully charged
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 2 months ago.

I'm sorry about your iPad issue. I'm glad to assist you today. Is your iPad's screen still black?
Please reply at the box below, then click on the Send button below. Thank you,

Without the information requested in my first response, I can only give you a general answer, but I hope this helps. This is not a sign that your iPad has been hacked. Like a computer, sometimes your the memory of your iPad tablet can gets corrupted, so it gets shut down. If you are not able to turn your iPad back on, then please do the following steps:

• iPad with Home button (below the screen): Press and hold both the Side (or Top) button and the Home button for at least 10 seconds until the Apple logo appears on the iPad's screen.
  • iPad models with Face ID: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Press and hold the Top button until the iPad restarts.

- Also, you can use a free antivirus security program to scan your iPad. Please open the App Store app icon on your iPad, then there, type / search for Lookout. Then get / install the free Lookout security app there.

Please let me know if you need further assistance. We can schedule a time. Please reply at the box below, then click on the Send button below. Thank you for your patience.