Ashish2019
Ashish2019,
106857056

I have a new Ipad Air and I have messed up the fingerprint

I have a new Ipad Air and I have messed up the fingerprint security so it does not recognise my thumb - how do I put it in again
JA: What version of iTunes are you using to sync your iPad?
Customer: It was downloading new apps which asked for finger ID
JA: When did you last reboot?
Customer: Not sure how too, what do you mean
JA: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I started fingerprint ID with the forefinger, then changed to my thumb so its not going to work is it

Hi, this is Ashish. You have reached JustAnswer.com which is a Paid Question and Answer site. I will be helping you with your issue today.

As I understand you are having an issue with your iPad Air, I will be glad to assist you.

Are you Able to Access Settings?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

Ok ,Please follow the below steps to Add your Fingerprint Again :

1. . Go to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode > Enter your Passcode.
  2. Click Add fingerprint and Simply with desired Finger Place on the Home button.
  3. Next you need to Adjust Your Grip and Place the same finger back on the Home Button .
  4. once its completed Click on continue.
  5. Now you can Use your fingerprint to Access your Ipad device.

Please let me know the status.

This is a follow-up email about your contact to JustAnswer. Please confirm; if the suggested steps helped you in fixing the issue.

I am happy to help you if you have any further questions