Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

I have a new iPhone 7. When setting it up I was asked to

Hi Pearl. I have a new iPhone 7. When setting it up I was asked to putin my aol password, which I’ve forgotten. I don’t have a computer only an I pad which always has me logged on. I was distracted by something when trying to do this, and now don’t know where to begin to get logged in on my new phone. Can you help please?
JA: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?
Customer: I haven’t a clue when I last change my aol password, but I do know my Apple ID ant it’s seems to work fine
JA: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?
Customer: How do I do that.? Sorry I’m old and not very tech savvy!
JA: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Thanks that would be great,....I do t think there’s anything else

I'm sorry about your aol email password ***** I'm glad to assist you today. Please try the following steps:

PART 1:

1. Go to the aol.com website:
    http://www.aol.com
  2. Click on the Mail envelope icon at the top there.
  3. Enter your aol email address.
  4. Click on Next.
  5. Click on the option I forgot my password if shown.
  6. Follow the instructions there in order to reset your AOL email account password.

PART 2:

1. Once you have done the steps above successfully, then open the Settings app icon (gear / wheel icon) on your iPhone.
  2. Tap option Passwords & Accounts.
  3. Tap option Add Account.
  4. Tap option AOL.
  5. Sign in your aol email address.
  6. If successful, open the Mail envelope app icon on your iPhone for accessing your aol email.

- If needed, another method is to get / install the AOL app in the App Store app icon on your iPhone. Then open the AOL app icon on your iPhone. Then tap on the mail envelope icon on the AOL app and sign in your aol email address and check.

Please let me know if there is still issue. Please reply at the box below, then click on the Send button below. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I’m stuck again. It’s not accepting my new password
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I’m on AOL now but it’s not accepting the new password

Thank you. Are you able to sign in and access your aol email address with your aol email password (it is case-sensitive) at the website below first?

https://mail.aol.com

- If no, please use the forgot password ***** there first, and follow the instructions there.

- If yes, sign in your aol email address at the website below, then turn on the option "Allow apps that use less secure sign in", and check:

https://login.aol.com/account/security

Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

***@aol.com. 077***

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have forgotten it, so just got as far as regeresting a new one which now no being registered
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Recognised!

Please provide the requested information below. Please reply at the box below, then click on the Send button below. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
AOL is asking for missing email address
Customer: replied 2 months ago.

329*** Daj***

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Now what. Are you still there?

Solution #1:

1. Open the Mail envelope app icon on your iPhone and see if your aol email is working now. If it does not work, please do the steps below.
  2. Open the Settings app icon (gear / wheel icon) on your iPhone.
  3. Tap option Passwords & Accounts.
  4. Tap option Add Account.
  5. Tap option AOL.
  6. Sign in your aol email address with your aol email password.
  7. If successful, open the Mail envelope app icon on your iPhone and see if your aol email is working now.

Please let me know. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks very much. All done. Can you tell me how I now cancel this just answer account. I’m happy to pay for this, but won’t need in the future

Solution #2:

1. Open the App Store app icon on your iPhone.
  2. There, type / search for AOL.
  3. Then get / install the AOL app.
  4. Open the AOL app.
  5. Tap on the mail envelope icon on the AOL app.
  6. Sign in your aol email address with your aol email password ***** the AOL app. (Password ***** *****)
  7. Then from now on, use the AOL app icon on your iPhone for accessing your aol email account.

Thank you for your patience.

You're very welcome. Great. This was just a one-time support session per your request. Thank you for your patience.