Ashik
Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Lost my password and cannot login using my Apple ID,

Customer Question

lost my password ***** cannot login using my Apple ID
JA: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?
Customer: probably over a year ago
JA: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?
Customer: yes but they give me verification questions which I never used originally. also alternative of them sending email doesnt seem to work as the code is not received there
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: i am using iPad
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your Apple account. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly

You have two methods to reset your Apple ID password. You only need to follow one method that is convenient for you

Method 1 :

If you don't remember the password, then you have to reset the password ***** Apple's website. You can reset it from here. Click this link--> https://iforgot.apple.com/

Go to the above website. Use the "Get an Email" method to reset the Apple ID. Apple will send the reset instructions to the recovery email you setup with your Apple ID. It would be your email registered with Apple, like Gmail, Yahoo etc. Open your email and you will see the email from Apple. Open it and follow the instructions to reset the password.

If that didn't work, then go to this site again --> https://iforgot.apple.com/

This time use the "Answer Security Questions" and answer the security questions there to reset your password.

If you don't see either options but to reset via a trusted device or using a phone, then select it and follow those instructions.

Method 2 :

If the above method doesn't work or if you are unable to reset the password, then you have to call Apple directly and ask them to reset the password ***** their side

To contact iTunes Support, click this link --> https://getsupport.apple.com/?caller=cups

Click Apple ID. Click Forgot Apple ID Password

Click Talk to Apple Support Now (will not available on non-office hours) or Schedule a Call and they will call you. Then you will have to answer some security questions and they will reset the password ***** their side.

If you didn't get a call from them, then schedule another call again. Or call this number -->

call(###) ###-####

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead of rating, please let me know by replying in here and I will stay with you and try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Ashik
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

Hi there, Did you get my answer?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I tried method 1 but the security questions bore no resemblance to any questions I used to sign in. Then I tried method 2 and they were supposed to send a link to my yahoo account but message never received. When I call support directly it's only an automated system.
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

Method 2 is different. If you are unable to reset it, then you can reset it with the help of the Apple iTunes department. They will ask for some personal details like DOB, last purchase details etc and reset it from their side

call(###) ###-####

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Are you able to call me?
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

Sorry, you have to schedule a call using the above instructions. We techs don't have access to your account details to reset it from this site, but if you schedule a call using the above instructions, so you will be connected with the right department who can reset it for you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok. I will try it. Thanks for your help
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

You are most welcome!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm unable to connect to schedule a call from Apple support. The number you gave just gives recorded message from Full Names
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

Click this link --> https://getsupport.apple.com/?caller=cups

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i have tried this but it does not give option of speakking with them. going in circles as it requires a password ***** i dont have
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

I will schedule a call. What is your Full Name, Phone number and email address?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
great! Name: Leon Paczynski mobile:***********email: ***@******.***
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

Scheduled a call.

What:Apple Support will call you

Why:Apple ID, Activation Lock (applicable for password ***** as well)

When:Wednesday, 2 October 2019 at 15:45 British Summer Time

Case ID:100915505995

If you didn't get a call on time, then you can schedule one more call using the following steps (slightly different from previous steps)

Click this link --> https://getsupport.apple.com/?caller=cups Click Apple ID. Click Activation Lock. Click YesClick Talk to Apple Support Now (will not available on non-office hours) or Schedule a Call and they will call you. Then you will have to answer some security questions and they will reset the password ***** their side.