VanHilton M
VanHilton M,
Experience:  Computer Technician/ Sales Clerk at Roniel Jayectin
104802751

I installed windows in a macbook from 2011 and now i cant

Customer Question

hi i installed windows in a macbook from 2011 and now i cant install back os. when i try to boot my pendrive it dosent work and appire a big error and the mac is blocked. how i can fix it?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

Hi and Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly

Turn off the Mac. Turn it back on and immediately hold down the Option/Alt key on your keyboard until it brings a screen with the OS options. Choose Macintosh HD or Mac HD and press return. This will boot into the Mac side.

You can do the same to boot into the Windows side by selecting the Bootcamp or Windows disk.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note: This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5-star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate the answer bad or poor or anything and instead let me know by replying here and I will stay with you and try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no i have only windows and dosent boot. i have a pen drive whit mac high sierra into and dosent work
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

Did you erase the entire disk and installed Windows over it? How did you install Windows on it?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the first.. i errase the entire disk and install windows yes
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i just boot with the pendrive and install bootcamp driver than format the entire disk and than install windows 7 on it
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
should i format the disk in other way? i can remove the hardrive and errase the disk with an usb sata drive
from an other macbook i dont know if this can help
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

You shouldn't have done that. You erased the entire macOS, that is why it is not booting to the macOS because there is no macOS

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

You will have to boot into macOS Utilities screen, erase the entire drive again to Mac format using Disk Utility and reinstall the macOS. Then install Windows 7 using Bootcamp

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i have to take out the hd from my mac and try like this?
whit an other macbook?
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

No need. Restart and immediately hold down the Command, Option and R keys for 20 seconds and this will boot into the internet recovery. Then erase the disk with Disk Utility, close Disk Utility and click Reinstall macOS.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ill try know
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

ok

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

If this is an early model of Macbook, then it doesn't support Internet recovery. So if that didn't work, let me know

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
there is no option button
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
im tring with cmd and r
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it dosent work
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

Option is the alt key

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it goes in windows recovery mode
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

Then the only option is, make an El Capitan USB recovery drive, boot into that drive and do a fresh install. Do you have another macOS with 10.11 and later?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no i have the last mac os in an other mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

What version of macOS do you have on it?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
catalina
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

What version of macOS were you using on this Mac?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok in this is catalina and in the old it was high sierra i think
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

Do you have a copy of High Sierra or below version installation files?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i have high sierra in a pendrive
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

Is that a bootable pen drive?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
of course has been made before to format the computer an i works in an other mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

Isn't your Mac booting to this pen drive?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

Can you reinstall using it?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i can reinstall on this pc...
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

So you can take out the drive and put it on this machine and reinstall High Sierra.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i have to take out the hardrive of catalina and put in the old mac?
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

To make sure, are you able to boot into the High Sierra pen drive on your Macbook?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it is
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

Then erase the drive using Disk Utility and reinstall it

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i will try
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

Ok

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i cant remove the hard drive from the mac.... it s strage screwdriver
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

Why are you trying to remove the hard drive?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
because i cant format it otherwayse...
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

Did you boot into the pen drive yet? If so, what happens when you format the hard drive using the Disk utility app?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
can i install from promtop cmd of windws? no the pendrive dosent boot with the mac with windows
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

No. This is what you want to do. Connect the pen drive to your Mac. Restart the Mac and immediately hold down the Option/alt key until it bring the Startup manager. Choose the pen drive and press return. Does it boot into the macOS Utilities (High Sierra) screen?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no i see the pend drive i press on it and i see a do not stop sign
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

Are you able to boot into this pen drive on your other Mac?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i can boot it but it tells me that there is a newer version istalled
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

I'm afraid I'm out of ideas on this one. I will opt out and open this question to other experts here. If they have any idea, they will get back to you. I'm sorry I couldn't solve the problem.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
hi i solve the problem
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i just made a bootble usb of snow lion from windows with transmac
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i have been able to boot into it
Expert:  VanHilton M replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I am VanHilton M Welcome to JustAnswer premium service, thank you for utilizing this service.

I will be assisting you to fix the issue you are having.

If you get an offer for premium service please hold off on that for now. That offer is automatically generated by this website, not by me. I can offer you whatever is needed to solve your problem.

Disregard the remote service, that is just an automated offer it does not apply in this case.

Without the information requested in my first/previous response, I can only give you a general answer, but I hope this helps.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

An error on Mac saying “Blocked Plug-in” typically means that the system has prevented a specific plug-in from running. Most reports regarding this issue are associated with Adobe software, including Flash Player and Acrobat Reader. ... In the case of Flash, things are fairly clear.

For Better understanding here's the link: https://macsecurity.net/view/330-blocked-plug-in-mac#:~:text=An%20error%20on%20Mac%20saying,Flash%20Player%20and%20Acrobat%20Reader.&text=In%20the%20case%20of%20Flash%2C%20things%20are%20fairly%20clear.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have fix it already... thanks. A lot

You're welcome, Keep safe.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I made a bootable usb of a .dmg of snow leopaed

Great, Keep safe.