Expert-Alexa
Expert-Alexa, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Technical Engineer at I-Tech Computers
104305054

I have ordered a new iPad Air which is being delivered on

I have ordered a new iPad Air which is being delivered on Friday next week. My current device is an iPad 4. Will it be easy to transfer my data to the new iPad?
JA: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?
Customer: 10.3
JA: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have had my current iPad from new and it will no longer accept any updates because of its age. I just need to know how to transfer current data on my ipad4 to my new iPad air
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Alexa and I am happy to help you today.

I understand that your query is on the data transfer from your old iPad to your new iPad. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Please let me know when you are free so that I can help you with this. It's easy for the data to be transferred.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I am free now.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
My new iPad does not arrive until Friday next week would it be better to get back in contact when it arrives?

Wonderful! Here is what you need to do. Just login to the new iPad using the same old iCloud email from the old iPad. During the setup, it will ask you if you want to restore your data from your old device, choose this option to restore your data add the same old iCloud email. That's it :)

All your data will start syncing on this new one.

Sure, please come back if you get stuck with anything. I am here to help you with it. Don't worry at all.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I was concerned because of the age of my old iPad I would be unable to do this but if that works then that's fine. Thank you.

This should definitely work. If it doesn't, just copy this website address and save it. If you open this website, you will directly come back to this chat. Make sure you copy the entire website link. If this method doesn't for data restore, I will help you with another way. Don't worry at all :)

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Many thanks for your help.

You are most welcome. It's always a pleasure to help you.

Please reach out to me if you need more help or if you have more questions, I will be more than happy to help you.

My goal is to provide excellent service to you!

Thank you for choosing us and I request you to come back to us anytime you need help. We are open 24/7 and always at your service.

Experience: Technical Engineer at I-Tech Computers
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
I have now received my new iPad are able to help me insetting it up

Hi, this is Tim, I noticed that you are requesting remote assistance, please use this link to start the session:
http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=9c0737ff-deb3-4f6d-ba22-ac0eac81bbde
On that page you just need to click on the "I Agree" green button at the bottom, a file will be downloaded to your "Downloads" folder, you just need to open it.

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Sorry. It your. ColleGues are not responding can you help me?
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
WhAt di I need to do

Here is the guide to the question you asked: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201269