Kyle
Kyle, Apple Mac Support Engineer
Experience:  Experienced Technology Consultant at K-Fix Helpdesk
107309638

I’m having trouble getting emails not received ant since

Customer Question

Hi I’m having trouble getting emails not received ant since last thursday
JA: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?
Customer: hotmail
JA: How do you usually access Hotmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: ipad
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: tried resetting password ***** it said it was the wrong one but only reset it in July this year
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks that’s fine
Category: Mac
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I have already been using this site but unable to receive calls from Microsoft have been trying to get hold of virgin media for two days to no avail
Expert:  Kyle replied 21 days ago.
Hello! I am Kyle your friendly technical expert from justanswer.com and today I will be providing you with the steps required to resolve your technical problem!
As you know Just Answer is an online question and answer website that connects visitors (like you!) with knowledgeable users (like myself!) in several categories including medical, legal, automotive, veterinary, and tech support, so please keep this in mind should you have another question in the future.
Firstly, sorry to hear about your issue. In order to work with you safely online please be advised that I work in accordance with the troubleshooting guidelines issued by your manufacturer or service provider and will help you to get back up and running again.
To begin please allow me a few minutes to review my assistants notes and gain a deeper understanding of your problem.
I am going to review my assistants notes now, can you please give me a few minutes to get you your solution?
Kind Regards,
Kyle (Your Friendly Expert)
Expert:  Kyle replied 21 days ago.

Ok in order to send and receive mail or synchronise additional items like calendar and contacts your device needs to authenticate successfully with your mail server. If authentication has failed then it could be due to a mismatched stored username and password ***** a corruption with the mail profile stored on your device.

Please can you remove and re-add the account to your device to get this working again.

Follow the steps here on your device to remove the account:

1. From the Home screen, tap Settings >Passwords & Accounts.
  2. Under Accounts, tap on the email account you want to delete.
  3. Tap Delete Account > Delete from My iPhone.

Once removed then follow the steps here to re-add the account to the device - https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201320

Thanks for using Just Answer!

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Thank you for your help will try that now once again thanks x
Expert:  Kyle replied 21 days ago.