Mohammed Anas
Mohammed Anas, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
111356221

I have entered a wrong password into a new router network

Customer Question

Hi i have entered a wrong password ***** a new router network how do I change it It is an Ipad
JA: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?
Customer: Ages ago
JA: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?
Customer: no It is only the new trouer password ***** I am having a problem with.#
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I entered the router access code rather than the password ***** now it keeps trying to connect but I dont or cannot find how to change the wrong password
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mohammed Anas replied 18 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer services. This is Anas and I will be assisting you with your issue today. I am sorry for the trouble you are facing. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly. As I understand you are facing an issue with your iPad.

Are you trying to connect Wi-Fi on your iPad?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
No

You may see an automatic service offer from this site. They are optional, we can continue to chat without any additional charges. This was offered automatically by the website, not initiated by me. Please ignore the message and we can continue to chat until we solve the issue.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
No I'm thinking scam

Please follow the instructions given below to fix the issue.

Open Settings app from your homescreen > Select General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This will reset Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you’ve used before. After resetting the network settings please follow the steps below to connect your iPad to your WiFi network.

1. From your iPad's Home screen, Open the Settings app > select Wi-Fi.
  2. Turn on Wi-Fi. Your device will automatically search for available Wi-Fi networks.
  3. Tap the name of the Wi-Fi network that you want to join and enter the password ***** connect to the network.

A rating is only needed when we are finished. I make every effort to provide you with exceptional support. Please let me know if the issue is fixed, if not, we will find another way.
Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
This I have done. Initially I entered an incorrect password ***** how do I now change it. I cannot get the password ***** up to do this

Please do the network reset again and then open the Settings app > select Wi-Fi> select your WiFi network. This will ask you to enter your WiFi password ***** Please let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I have managed asked to join another network and typed the network name in and password

Are you able to log in to your WiFi network now?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
thank you

You are very welcome! I am happy to help you. Thank you for using JustAnswer services. Have a nice day!
Keep safe always.
Sincerely,
Anas

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions. Thank you.
Keep safe always.
Sincerely,
Anas